Re: [nslu2-linux] /opt/etc/init.d/S80nginx: /opt/etc/init.d/S80nginx: 46: /opt/sbin/ngin not found

  • Rui Rocha
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 4, 2012

      As far I can see from your post, it's like the script is calling ngix in some other location.

      First try to start it manually. Did you tried? If yes, confirm the correct location. By your post I see that you confirm ngix is at sbin folder, but inside opt or in root? If it's out opt, create a link in opt folder, calling the other ngix.

      I hope it helps.

      Rui

      hcx78 <hcx78@...> wrote:

      Hi folks,

      I am trying to run nginx 1.0.14-1 on Kamikaze-7.09 (no other Version correctly rebooted) on my NSLU2. Anything looks fine nginx was installed under /opt/sbin the start-script is /opt/etc/init.d/S80nginx my nginx.conf is at /opt/etc/nginx - so far so good.

      But when I try to start nginx like this: /opt/etc/init.d/S80nginx start I get: "/opt/etc/init.d/S80nginx: /opt/etc/init.d/S80nginx: 46: /opt/sbin/nginx: not found".
      Using Google I also found this: /opt/sbin/nginx what openwrt responses with not found also.

      I tried to fix it by changing the PATH in S80nginx to PATH=/opt/sbin without success.
      Now I feel a bit like not to see the wood for the trees, because the same error I have with lighttpd even though /sbin/nginx respectively /sbin/lighttpd definitely exist.

      Could you give me a hand to fix this problem?

      T hanks a lot in Advance

      hcx

    • hcx78
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 4, 2012
        Hi Rui,

        I simply reinstaled anything new and now you find that stuff under /opt/opt
        (There is nothing about nginx under /root) and I changed $PREFIX in that script from opt to /opt/opt, but same problem as before and a link in /opt didn't help.

        Kind regards,

        hcx78
      • Rui Rocha
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 4, 2012
          And did you try to run ngix manually? Do you get any error? It runs?

          Rui

          e-mail: ruirocha@...

          Telf.: +351 302002640 | TM: +351 917368160 | Fax: +351 302004620

          On 04-04-2012 18:17, hcx78 wrote:

          Hi Rui,

          I simply reinstaled anything new and now you find that stuff under /opt/opt
          (There is nothing about nginx under /root) and I changed $PREFIX in that script from opt to /opt/opt, but same problem as before and a link in /opt didn't help.

          Kind regards,

          hcx78

        • Emil Granström
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 6, 2012
            Hello !

            Is there anyway to clone my usb disk to another usb disc only using the
            slug ?
            All guides I have seen involves a standalone Linux box.

            I suspect my USB drive 4+ year old is about to crash so I want to
            "install" my system onto a new one.
            I am running Unslung 6.10-beta

            Brg
            Emil
          • Thomas Cooper
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 6, 2012
              The dd command is your friend...

              dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdb

              will copy the entire contents, block by block from sda to sdb.

              You need to identify your source and destination devices.

              These clues should get you going...

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 6, 2012
                Thanks, I will look into dd.
                Brg