Optware for Android, another try

  • Paul Sokolovsky
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24, 2012
      Hello,

      I've put up another script to bootstrap Optware on an Android device. It
      differs from other attempt(s) in following points:

      1. It's targeted for all Android devices, not one random in zillions
      available.
      2. It takes care not to ship random binary blobs without documented
      origins, and instead downloads any binaries from Optware or
      CodeSourcery proper.

      There're more ranty details of what I find wrong with other
      implementation(s):
      http://pfalcon-oe.blogspot.com/2012/02/nslu-optware-for-android.html
      (note the situation is typical and applies to most other free software
      hacks for Android).

      The bootstrap script, associated documentation and bug tracker are
      available via SourceForge project:
      https://sourceforge.net/p/optware-android

      Everything there is still work in progress, but the script already
      installs ready-to use Optware's ipkg on my Nook Tablet.

      Hope this will be useful for someone.

      --
      Best regards,
      Paul mailto:pmiscml@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8, 2012
        Hello,

        I'd like to add a link for my install script (see quote below) to
        http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/HomePage , but it's
        password-protected and wiki suggests that changes to such pages should
        be requested on this mailing list.

        So, could anybody help? I'd like to change:

        "Android devices. For the Nook Color see the Nookdevs.com Optware page.
        Also for the WM8650 based devices."

        "Android devices. For the Nook Color see the Nookdevs.com Optware page.
        Also for the WM8650 based devices. Also for all Android devices:
        [[http://sf.net/p/optware-android | optware-android]]"

        Thanks!

        --
        Best regards,