Re: Minidlna (or other DLNA server) on the Slug

  • Adam Baker
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 20, 2012
      Walter <contact@...> writes:

      > Well, can't hurt to try I guess. Since Minidlna isn't working for my Samsung
      TV. Is there a specific guide you used?

      I was running fuppes on a slug for years however I found that for my quite large
      mp3 collection it struggles for memory. I'm now running it on an Iomega iConnect
      which works somewhat better. It isn't that well set up to run as a background
      process but I've hacked together an init script that I use to run it. I haven't
      modified the setup in years so I am running svn version 675 built with

      ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --sysconfdir=/etc

      #!/bin/sh

      ### BEGIN INIT INFO
      # Provides: fuppes
      # Required-Start: $local_fs $remote_fs $network $time avahi
      # Required-Stop: $local_fs $remote_fs $network $time
      # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5
      # Default-Stop: 0 1 6
      # Short-Description: Multithreaded DAAP music server
      # most people will understand to be an iTunes share
      # server. It uses the DAAP protocol, as iTunes does,
      # and supports streaming MP3 and AAC natively. It can
      # make use of a number of conversion methods to expose
      # Ogg and FLAC files too.
      ### END INIT INFO

      PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
      DAEMON=/usr/local/bin/fuppes
      NAME=fuppes
      DESC=fuppes

      test -x $DAEMON || exit 0

      # Include fuppes defaults if available
      if [ -f /etc/default/fuppes ] ; then
      . /etc/default/fuppes
      fi

      set -e

      stopd() {
      echo -n "Stopping $DESC: "
      start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --pidfile /var/run/$NAME.pid \
      --exec $DAEMON --signal 9 --oknodo
      echo "$NAME."
      counter=0
      seen=0
      while pidof fuppes >/dev/null && [ $counter -lt 15 ]; do
      if [ $seen -eq 0 ]; then
      echo -n "Waiting for fuppes to terminate..."
      seen=1
      fi

      counter=$(($counter + 1))
      echo -n "."
      sleep 1
      done
      echo "OK, all clear."
      }

      startd() {
      echo -n "Starting $DESC: "
      export HOME=/etc
      start-stop-daemon --start --quiet -m --pidfile /var/run/$NAME.pid \
      --oknodo --chuid nobody --background --exec $DAEMON --
      $DAEMON_OPTS 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null
      echo "$NAME."
      }

      case "$1" in
      start)
      startd
      ;;
      stop)
      stopd
      ;;
      restart|force-reload)
      stopd
      startd
      ;;
      *)
      N=/etc/init.d/$NAME
      echo "Usage: $N {start|stop|restart|force-reload}" >&2
      exit 1
      ;;
      esac

      exit 0