Problem's maintaining a connection

  • menachem_shapiro
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004
      B"H
      Hello,

      Recently I started having a problem connecting to my NSLU2 through
      telnet. The console would just stop responding to keystrokes. The
      putty client on my Windows box would disconnect me, and my linux box
      would just stop responding.

      In the process of troubleshooting the issue, I started pinging the
      NSLU2 from my linux box, letting the ping run for a while (multiple
      times ranging from anywhere between 5 minutes to 6 hours). According
      to the stats, the NSLU2 is dropping around 50% of the ping packets
      (Highest 67% - Lowest 39%).

      I tried this both with the Linksys supplied cable and my own Ethernet
      cable. I tried this with the default firmware, the default firmware
      with the passwd file edited to let me in, and the Unslung 2.12 beta.
      none of that seemed to make a difference.

      My network is set up like this (except that the router and the switch
      both have 4 ports):

      Router

      _____/|\_____
      / | \
      Computer Comp. Switch

      _____/|\_____
      / | \
      Comp. Comp. NSLU2

      Pinging any of the other computers on the network consistently
      results in 0 packets lost.

      Does anyone know what is going on? Is it a hardware issue? Are there
      more tests I can run?

      Thanks,
      Menachem
    • popmailnaveen
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2004
        even i have the same problem except iam using DLINK switch.