Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: build bugs

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2004
      On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 23:09:01 -0000, tlhackque <pzmpvs69753@...> wrote:
      > I am new to this group; it is a bit difficult to figure out what is
      > current and what is obsolete information. I knew that I needed the
      > CVS library to build packages -- there's something I'm interested in
      > trying to build. It wasn't clear if I needed to build the V1
      > firmware first as well. Anyhow, it was worth getting everything
      > working.
      >
      > You might consider organizing the howtos into "current"
      > & "historical", or by FW release. Well, I'll only be new once.

      Yep, we're always looking for volunteers to help keep the Wiki up to
      date. We find that the best people to do that are people who have
      just been through it as a user ;-)

      > I'll try to build the V2 environment and firmware next.

      Note that you don't need to build the V2 enviroment and firmware if
      you just want to develop and contribute packages. The packages built
      in the CVS (and you don't need to build the firmware in there either
      to build the packages) will work with all versions of Unslung
      (including 3.x).

      If you do want to contribute to firmware development, then please
      join us on the IRC channel ... (if you are a genuine developer, and
      don't have IRC access but do have web access, then send me a personal
      email and we can get you hooked up on one of our private web->irc
      gateways).

      > I appreciate the quick support, and all the work that's been done to
      > make it possible to extend this platform.

      You're welcome - the best way to thank us is to help keep the wiki up
      to date if you see something that is clearly out of date or just plain
      wrong.

      Other ways of getting involved are outlined here:

      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Main/HowToGetInvolved