VLC 0.9.9a cs08q1armel missing http output

  • Martino Dell'Ambrogio
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2012
      Hello,

      I'd like to announce a bug to the vlc package maintainer:

      ipkg files vlc |grep libaccess_output.*so
      /opt/lib/vlc/access_output/libaccess_output_rtmp_plugin.so
      /opt/lib/vlc/access_output/libaccess_output_shout_plugin.so
      /opt/lib/vlc/access_output/libaccess_output_http_plugin.so
      /opt/lib/vlc/access_output/libaccess_output_udp_plugin.so
      /opt/lib/vlc/access_output/libaccess_output_file_plugin.so
      /opt/lib/vlc/access_output/libaccess_output_dummy_plugin.so

      vlc -l 2>/dev/null |grep access_output
      access_output_dummy Dummy stream output
      access_output_rtmp RTMP stream output
      access_output_udp UDP stream output
      access_output_file File stream output

      I have to use the http output plugin, but it does not seem to get loaded
      by VLC.

      The package I used is "cs08q1armel/cross/unstable/vlc_0.9.9a-2_arm.ipk".

      I could set up a dev box and fix it myself, but if someone can do it
      faster and has more time than me please help.
      Thanks !

      --
      Martino Dell'Ambrogio
      Security Auditor
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 17, 2012
        Thanks to strace, I found out that VLC was looking for a missing avahi
        library.

        The module list now includes access_output_http:

        cvlc -l 2>/dev/null |grep access_output
        access_output_dummy Dummy stream output
        access_output_rtmp RTMP stream output
        access_output_udp UDP stream output
        access_output_http HTTP stream output
        access_output_file File stream output

        In the end I had to install vlc, dbus (VLC required library) and avahi
        (access_output_http required library).

        Martino Dell'Ambrogio
        Security Auditor
        Web: http://www.tillo.ch/