Re: [nslu2-linux] slugosBE syslog

  • Ovidiu Sas
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2012
      You need to install syslog-ng and configure it.
      I would suggest logging to a remote server.
      If you want to log locally, make sure that you don't fill up your memory with logs.

      You can google about how to configure and set up syslog-ng.

      Regards,
      Ovidiu Sas

      On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 2:53 PM, aswolff1971 <aleksei_wolff@...> wrote:

      Using SlugOS 5.3BE on 2GB memstick.

      I noticed that /var/log is a link to /var/volatile
      but does not have a message file. I have an application that "should" be sending log messages how can I get syslog working to display file?

      Thanks.

      --
      VoIP Embedded, Inc.
      http://www.voipembedded.com