Re: build bugs

  • tlhackque
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2004
      Thanks! I'll use slugbug in the future.

      I am new to this group; it is a bit difficult to figure out what is
      current and what is obsolete information. I knew that I needed the
      CVS library to build packages -- there's something I'm interested in
      trying to build. It wasn't clear if I needed to build the V1
      firmware first as well. Anyhow, it was worth getting everything
      working.

      You might consider organizing the howtos into "current"
      & "historical", or by FW release. Well, I'll only be new once.

      I'll try to build the V2 environment and firmware next.

      I appreciate the quick support, and all the work that's been done to
      make it possible to extend this platform.
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2004
        On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 23:09:01 -0000, tlhackque <pzmpvs69753@...> wrote:
        > I am new to this group; it is a bit difficult to figure out what is
        > current and what is obsolete information. I knew that I needed the
        > CVS library to build packages -- there's something I'm interested in
        > trying to build. It wasn't clear if I needed to build the V1
        > firmware first as well. Anyhow, it was worth getting everything
        > working.
        >
        > You might consider organizing the howtos into "current"
        > & "historical", or by FW release. Well, I'll only be new once.

        Yep, we're always looking for volunteers to help keep the Wiki up to
        date. We find that the best people to do that are people who have
        just been through it as a user ;-)

        > I'll try to build the V2 environment and firmware next.

        Note that you don't need to build the V2 enviroment and firmware if
        you just want to develop and contribute packages. The packages built
        in the CVS (and you don't need to build the firmware in there either
        to build the packages) will work with all versions of Unslung
        (including 3.x).

        If you do want to contribute to firmware development, then please
        join us on the IRC channel ... (if you are a genuine developer, and
        don't have IRC access but do have web access, then send me a personal
        email and we can get you hooked up on one of our private web->irc
        gateways).

        > I appreciate the quick support, and all the work that's been done to
        > make it possible to extend this platform.

        You're welcome - the best way to thank us is to help keep the wiki up
        to date if you see something that is clearly out of date or just plain
        wrong.

        Other ways of getting involved are outlined here:

        http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Main/HowToGetInvolved