slugosBE syslog

  • aswolff1971
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2012
      Using SlugOS 5.3BE on 2GB memstick.

      I noticed that /var/log is a link to /var/volatile
      but does not have a message file. I have an application that "should" be sending log messages how can I get syslog working to display file?

      Thanks.
    • Ovidiu Sas
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2012
        You need to install syslog-ng and configure it.
        I would suggest logging to a remote server.
        If you want to log locally, make sure that you don't fill up your memory with logs.

        You can google about how to configure and set up syslog-ng.

        Regards,
        Ovidiu Sas

        --
        VoIP Embedded, Inc.