CUPS segfault on TomatoUSB RT-N16 router

  • davygravy_pi
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 26, 2011
      Hi all, I'm passing along a segfault report to you for CUPS, running on a TomatoUSB RT-N16 ...

      here is the link to the report : http://tomatousb.org/forum/t-336545/extra-newer-optware-ipk-s-not-in-the-ddwrt-ipkg-feed#post-1335351

      but some of the details are (as posted by user Brettman) :

      ============================
      Output when installing CUPS:

      root@unknown:/tmp/home/root# ipkg install cups
      Installing cups (1.4.6-1) to /opt/...
      Downloading <link removed>/cups_1.4.6-1_mipsel.ipk
      Configuring cups
      Successfully terminated.
      Output when starting CUPS:

      root@unknown:/tmp/home/root# /opt/sbin/cupsd
      Segmentation fault
      Not very helpful, is it?

      Output when starting CUPS with strace:

      root@unknown:/tmp/home/root# strace /opt/sbin/cupsd
      execve("/opt/sbin/cupsd", ["/opt/sbin/cupsd"], [/* 8 vars */]) = 0
      old_mmap(NULL, 20, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x2aaae000
      --- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---
      +++ killed by SIGSEGV +++
      Segmentation fault
      The last entry in the messages log only shows my successful ssh connection and /opt/var/log/cups/ is empty.

      I did ipkg update and upgrade before uninstalling and reinstalling CUPS.

      My router is an Asus RT-N16.

      I hope this helps. There is also another thread on here from others having the same problem as me at this thread: <link removed>/forum/t-292115. I'm not sure if anyone actually has the ipkg CUPS working on their router.

    • davygravy_pi
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 28, 2011
        @ Eno and the other Optware folks :

        is there a reason that dbus has PIE enabled at configuration time?

        Some threads at DD-WRT suggest that with PIE disabled during compile time, it allows both CUPS and avahi to work normally. Also, it looks like newer versions of dbus make PIE disabled the default, (rather than enabled by default) - IIUC.

        Could this dbus-issue be the fix for CUPS users on DD-WRT and TomatoUSB?