Motion (software motion detector) release 3.2.12 -1 NO SQL support

  • jaaploes
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24, 2011
      I Upgrade motion from release 3.2.4 to 3.2.12 (I needed to do the upgrade because I upgraded ffmpeg)
      I used the same config file as in 3.2.4 some minor changes like removing the configiration options "night_compensate", "minimum_gap", "low_cpu" because they where discontinued. So far no problem.
      Starting motion shows:
      [0] Unknown config option "sql_log_image"
      [0] Unknown config option "sql_log_snapshot"
      [0] Unknown config option "sql_log_mpeg"
      [0] Unknown config option "sql_log_timelapse"
      [0] Unknown config option "sql_query"
      [0] Unknown config option "mysql_db"
      [0] Unknown config option "mysql_host"
      [0] Unknown config option "mysql_user"
      [0] Unknown config option "mysql_password"

      It looks like no SQL support is build in. There is also one other issue: motion is not going into daemon mode.
      Questions: Is SQL not build into motion anymore, or am I doing something wrong. If SQL is not build into motion wil or can this be done? I realy need it. Why is motion not going into daemon mode?
      Looking forward to your responses.
      Regards,
      Jaap
    • Brian
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 24, 2011
        I just checked in a fix. Expect 3.2.12-2 to be in the feed in a few hours.

        Thanks,

        -Brian

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "jaaploes" <jaaploes@...> wrote:

        > I Upgrade motion from release 3.2.4 to 3.2.12 (I needed to do the upgrade because I upgraded ffmpeg)
        > I used the same config file as in 3.2.4 some minor changes like removing the configiration options "night_compensate", "minimum_gap", "low_cpu" because they where discontinued. So far no problem.
        > Starting motion shows:
        > [0] Unknown config option "sql_log_image"
        > [0] Unknown config option "sql_log_snapshot"
        > [0] Unknown config option "sql_log_mpeg"
        > [0] Unknown config option "sql_log_timelapse"
        > [0] Unknown config option "sql_query"
        > [0] Unknown config option "mysql_db"
        > [0] Unknown config option "mysql_host"
        > [0] Unknown config option "mysql_user"
        > [0] Unknown config option "mysql_password"
        >
        > It looks like no SQL support is build in. There is also one other issue: motion is not going into daemon mode.
        > Questions: Is SQL not build into motion anymore, or am I doing something wrong. If SQL is not build into motion wil or can this be done? I realy need it. Why is motion not going into daemon mode?
        > Looking forward to your responses.
        > Regards,
        > Jaap

      • jaaploes
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 24, 2011
          Brian,

          Thanks for the quick response and excellent work. SQL is working!!!

          However motion is not going into daemon mode.

          In motion.conf I configured "daemon on". I start motion the following way: "/opt/bin/motion -c /opt/etc/motion/motion.conf" (My motion config file is in "/opt/etc/motion/motion.conf"

          Am I doing something wrong? If not, it would be great (actually needed) to get this working also.

          Thanks,

          Jaap