Re: looking for minicom binary or similar...

  • kaijuupie
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2004

      If you want to capture data from an instriment with known data format,
      I found writing myown serial communication routine much easier. Link
      are included for communication software I wrote for my own
      project(which you can find on the same website) Feel free to use it
      as a starting point in writing your own serial data capturing software.

      http://member.newsguy.com/~rhuang/initserial.c
      http://member.newsguy.com/~rhuang/readtemp.c

      The first file initialize the serial port for different baud rate and
      hand shake information, and the second code read data from a
      temperature sensor attached to the serial port.

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "microfirmware"
      <microfirmware@u...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I'm trying to log data from the second serial port, and I beleive I
      > need something like minicom or microcom in order to open the port,
      > change baud etc. parameters, and log incoming data to a file. I'm not
      > yet set up to cross compile; if anyone has minicom binary, I'd really
      > appreciate if you could make it available.
      >
      > Any other suggestions for logging serial data would be appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > loren
    • microfirmware
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2004
        Thanks!

        Which toolset are you using to build the executable - the
        CompileCrossTool or the snapgear stuff?

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "kaijuupie" <rhuang@n...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > If you want to capture data from an instriment with known data format,
        > I found writing myown serial communication routine much easier. Link
        > are included for communication software I wrote for my own
        > project(which you can find on the same website) Feel free to use it
        > as a starting point in writing your own serial data capturing
        software.

        > http://member.newsguy.com/~rhuang/initserial.c
        > http://member.newsguy.com/~rhuang/readtemp.c
        >
        > The first file initialize the serial port for different baud rate and
        > hand shake information, and the second code read data from a
        > temperature sensor attached to the serial port.
        >

        > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "microfirmware"
        > <microfirmware@u...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > I'm trying to log data from the second serial port, and I beleive I
        > > need something like minicom or microcom in order to open the port,
        > > change baud etc. parameters, and log incoming data to a file. I'm not
        > > yet set up to cross compile; if anyone has minicom binary, I'd really
        > > appreciate if you could make it available.
        > >
        > > Any other suggestions for logging serial data would be appreciated.
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > >
        > > loren
      • kvnmcgough
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 22, 2004
          I asked this one a while back:

          has anyone played with X10 interfacing (MR26A or Firecracker)?

          I was thinking about Airport Express, and controlling it without
          having to run a fat client on a Mac/PC.

          for instance:

          between an 310mhz RF remote and the X10 MR26A

          <http://wiki.tcl.tk/references/3890!>

          # Michael Jacobson (mpjacobson2000@...)

          ### Button Mapping
          set dlable {POWER PC TITLE SUBTITLE DISPLAY RETURN MENU EXIT \
          LEFT UP RIGHT DOWN OK PLAY STOP SKIPPREV \
          SKIPNEXT REWIND FORWARD PAUSE RECORD RECALL ONE TWO \
          THREE FOUR FIVE SIX SEVEN EIGHT NINE ZERO \
          ABSWITCH ENTER CHANNELUP CHANNELDOWN VOLUMEUP
          VOLUMEDOWN MUTE LIGHT1ON \
          LIGHT2ON LIGHT3ON LIGHT4ON LIGHT5ON LIGHT6ON LIGHT7ON
          LIGHT8ON LIGHT1OFF \
          LIGHT2OFF LIGHT3OFF LIGHT4OFF LIGHT5OFF LIGHT6OFF
          LIGHT7OFF LIGHT8OFF ALLLIGHTSON \
          ALLLIGHTSOFF}
          set dcode {EEF0 EED4 EED6 EED4 EE3A EED8 EEB6 EEC9 \
          EED2 EED5 EED1 EED3 EE52 EEB0 EE70 EE00 \
          EE00 EE38 EEB8 EE72 EEFF EEF2 EE82 EE42 \
          EEC2 EE22 EEA2 EE62 EEE2 EE12 EE92 EE02 \
          EEBA EE52 EE40 EEC0 EE60 EEE0 EEA0 6000 \
          6010 6008 6018 6040 6050 6048 6058 6020 \
          6030 6028 6038 6060 6070 6068 6078 6090 \
          6080}