Re: md5 missmatch Problem

  • oddballhero
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 8, 2011
      You may want to check the filesystem of your drive with e2fsck. Also, reinstall ipkg. I'm running over 15 plugs and slugs and the ones running Optware have no problems with installing or upgrading packages, so the NSLU2 repos are OK (other than a rare outage or reconfiguration). Make sure you shutdown your plug properly. A skeleton shutdown script can be found at http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/PlugComputers which is to be adapted to your system. If you feel like you are having too much problems with Optware, at the bottom of http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Main/PlugComputers is a list of different distros of Linux for Plugs/ARM computers. You can also "roll your own" OS or mix and match. I have Optware running on top of some of the other distros as a tribute to SlugOS/Optware combo on my slugs. Actually, I do it to get newer packages or more stabilty than the base platform. You just have to know how to segregate packages.

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "cholz77" <ich@...> wrote:

      > Ok, I've downloaded the .ipkg files and installed them manually. I'll wait and see if the problem will reoccur once updates are released...
      >
      > Chris
      >
      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "oddballhero" <oddballhero@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Can you post the contents of /opt/etc/ipkg.conf and if there is one /opt/etc/ipkg/armel-feed.conf. Also, screenshot of session errors. Also, which pink one? uname -a will give the kernel and cpu version info. Where did you get your install file for ipkg?
      > >

      > > > Chris

    • dystopianrebel
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 9, 2011
        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "oddballhero" <oddballhero@...> wrote:
        > You may want to check the filesystem of your drive with e2fsck. Also, reinstall ipkg. I'm running over 15 plugs and slugs and the ones running Optware have no problems with installing or upgrading packages

        Fifteen!

        You have me beat. I thought I was doing well with a Sheeva and six Slugs.

        Are you using OpenWRT on any of yours?
      • oddballhero
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 10, 2011
          I actually have 18 currently but that tends to fluctuate based on need. On my very first slug, I was running Kamikaze-7.09 and then migrated up the versions until Backfire-10.03. You can see my contributions on http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/linksys/nslu2#backfire.10.03 and http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/OpenWrt/HomePage . At some point, I needed more cpu/memory for some applications and migrated to a Pogoplug OXNAS B01 which I tried to get Backfire running on, but was taking me more time than I cared to. As soon as I have some time, I'll try to get the latest OpenWRT running on it although I don't care for the closed nature of PLX OXNAS. Right now I have a custom kernel and Busybox so I guess it is the equivalent of an Unslung plug. I love my slug though, so I restored an earlier setup of SlugOS5.3/Optware and use it as a dedicated print/scan server (much better than my old Arkview) with a web server for phpsane.