My slug shutsdown automatically

  • Mahesh Ghule
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12, 2011
      Within about 10 hours of booting my NSLU2 with SlugOS 5.3 Beta automatically shutsdown. There is no Ready/Status LED only Ethernet LED on and the power button light on. The only way I could restart is unplugging power and restarting.
      I use this only for MediaTomb and Transmission as Bit torrent client.

      I have been using this setup for more than year with no problems but recently have changed my attached new external hard drive(Western Digital Elements 1TB). The auto shutdown problem started after that.

      I don't know where to find the logs to investigate what is going wrong.

      Please advice or help resolving my problem. Also if needed I would not mind changing the firmware to something else.

      Regards,
      Mahesh

    • Ralph & Maria Finch
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 13, 2011

        It’s reported here that odd shutdowns like this can be a problem with the power supply. Try another power supply of similar output voltage and wattage, see if that helps.

        RF

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 15, 2011

          Thanks RF,
          I will give it a try and see if that helps.

          On 13 Sep 2011 16:16, "Ralph & Maria Finch" <ralphmariafinch@...> wrote:
          > It’s reported here that odd shutdowns like this can be a problem with the power supply. Try another power supply of similar output voltage and wattage, see if that helps.
          >
          > RF

        • Mahesh Ghule
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 18, 2011
            Thanks RF.
            It did the trick. My Slug is happily running for more than 48 hours now...

            Regards,
            Mahesh