Re: What happened to the nlsu2 repositories?

  • marlurde
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 25, 2011
      For me thechange to ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/nslu2/
      did work, i hope this mirror will always be up to date.

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "sungam101580" <Sungam101580@...> wrote:

      > Same problem for slugosbe too
      >
      > The following link does not exist.
      > http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/slugosbe/native/5.3-beta
      >
      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "peterantonvich" <pantonvich@> wrote:
      > >
      > > still an issue for me - I also tried the ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/nslu2
      > >
      > > but connection timed out
      > >
      > > anyone with tips on what I can do?
      > >

      > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Tom King" <nslu2-linux@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Is this still an issue?
      > > >
      > > > we moved them and relinked them around then....it should be working correctly
      > > >
      > > > Tom

    • Peter Antonvich
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 1, 2011
        thanks I think this helped me...

        I edited all my /ect/ipkg/*.conf entries to " http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross"

        I then did:
        > ipkg update
        > ipkg install unslung-feeds
        > ipkg update

        got new errors :
        ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: `wget --passive-ftp
         -q -P /tmp/ipkg-BdwnKy http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/native/s
        table/Packages.gz'
        ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: `wget --passive-ftp
         -q -P /tmp/ipkg-BdwnKy http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/native/Package
        s.gz'

        so I then edited: "optware-nslu2-native-stable.conf" to "src/gz optware-nslu2-native-stable http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/stable"
        note this file didn't exist in my first edit of all files - can only guess that it showed up at the install unslung-feeds

        redid: ipkg update

        no more errors

        To: nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com
        CC: bettega_stefano@...
        From: mwester@...
        Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 20:31:04 -0500
        Subject: Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: What happened to the nlsu2 repositories?

        The native feeds are obsolete and exist no longer -- they've been empty
        for a long time now. Basically, with optware we were able to get all
        packages to cross-compile, so you should find everything in the
        appropriate "cross" or "stable" feed.
        -Mike (mwester)

        On 8/31/2011 2:50 PM, Stefano wrote:
        > Well, it seems this is still an open issue. No way to found a native directory in http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/slugosbe. Any idea on how to fix this?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Stefano
        >
        > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Mick K <mick_nslu2@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Thanks Tom,
        >>
        >> The symlinks you say were created are not visible on the http pages; e.g. http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/ does not contain a 'native' directory. So I would guess that trying to update my slug would still fail to connect (don't have access to it to try it immediately).
        >>
        >> Regards,
        >> Mick

      • Jimmy C. Chau
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 31, 2011
          Mike, does this mean that we should install the Optware feeds to continue to receive updates?  (I noticed that I haven't seen any updates for my SlugOS/BE 5.3-beta install in a long while.)

          Can you edit <http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Slugosbe> to include a quick line to run /sbin/setup-optware.sh?  I know that the instructions are at <http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/SlugOS/SlugOS5>, but the former is a little easier to find when trying to figure out how to setup Optware.  (A link to the second page from the first should also do.)

          Thanks.

          -Jimmy