Re: /lib/cpp fails sanity check?

  • Stephen Henson
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 1, 2004
      In article <coii8r+6h04@...>, jieglen-
      rphTv4pjVZMJGwgDXS7ZQA@... says...

      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Henson <steve14679@y...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > In my case the problem was the header files. The simple source:
      > >
      > > ----
      > > #include <limits.h>
      > > ----
      > >
      > > gave an error because it couldn't find syslimits.h . I suggest you see
      > > if that happens on your system too. The stuff in /opt/include (I've no
      > > idea where I got that from) doesn't use syslimits.h
      > >
      > > Steve.
      >

      > That is my problem as well, thanks!
      >
      > Now, does anyone know where I get the stuff for /opt/include? It seems
      > the wiki should be updated.

      That points to a header problem in the native compiler distribution. I'd
      suggest you report it.

      Steve.
    • Michael Casadevall
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 10, 2004
        This appears to be a glibc bug when cross-compiling, I found the file
        in the cross-compiler.

        Here's the contents of that file:
        /* syslimits.h stands for the system's own limits.h file.
        If we can use it ok unmodified, then we install this text.
        If fixincludes fixes it, then the fixed version is installed
        instead of this text. */

        #define _GCC_NEXT_LIMITS_H /* tell gcc's limits.h to
        recurse */
        #include_next <limits.h>
        #undef _GCC_NEXT_LIMITS_H

        On Dec 1, 2004, at 8:22 AM, Stephen Henson wrote:

        > In article <coii8r+6h04@...>, jieglen-
        > rphTv4pjVZMJGwgDXS7ZQA@... says...
        > >

        > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Henson <steve14679@y...>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > In my case the problem was the header files. The simple source:
        > > >
        > > > ----
        > > > #include <limits.h>
        > > > ----
        > > >
        > > > gave an error because it couldn't find syslimits.h . I suggest
        > you see
        > > > if that happens on your system too. The stuff in /opt/include
        > (I've no
        > > > idea where I got that from) doesn't use syslimits.h
        > > >
        > > > Steve.
        > >

        > > That is my problem as well, thanks!
        > >
        > > Now, does anyone know where I get the stuff for /opt/include? It
        > seems
        > > the wiki should be updated.
        > >

        > That points to a header problem in the native compiler distribution.
        > I'd
        > suggest you report it.
        >
        > Steve.
        >

        > [ Moderator Note: All static information is slowly moving to the Wiki
        > at http://www.nslu2-linux.org ]
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        > <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
        > <l.gif>
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > Service.

      • Michael Casadevall
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 10, 2004
          Whoops, it also appears that the linux kernel headers are also required
          (sorry, this got chopped off my previous post) according to configure
          (note: I'm not running the binary from NSLU2-Linux, I built my own).

          configure:3814: /lib/cpp conftest.c
          In file included from /opt/compiler/include/bits/posix1_lim.h:126,
          from /opt/compiler/include/limits.h:144,
          from
          /share/hdd/data/opt/compiler/lib/gcc-lib/armv5b-softfloat-linux/3.3.3/
          include/limits.h:122,
          from
          /share/hdd/data/opt/compiler/lib/gcc-lib/armv5b-softfloat-linux/3.3.3/
          include/syslimits.h:7,
          from
          /share/hdd/data/opt/compiler/lib/gcc-lib/armv5b-softfloat-linux/3.3.3/
          include/limits.h:11,
          from configure:3822:
          /opt/compiler/include/bits/local_lim.h:36:26: linux/limits.h: No such
          file or directory