Re: Which Firmware

  • oddballhero
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 21, 2011
      Hello Mike,
      I was going to try building the latest SlugOS binaries but couldn't find the source code you mentioned. All I could find were 5.3 or earlier.

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Westerhof (mwester)" <mwester@...> wrote:

      > Well, it seems as if there are no gurus on the list to answer... :-)
      >
      > So, I'll offer my opinion: stick with SlugOS 5.3
      >
      > If you are adventurous, and don't mind building your own image, you can
      > also try the latest versions from source code (which are either labeled
      > 5.9-alpha, or 6.0-alpha, not sure if I actually did the name update yet).
      >
      > -Mike (mwester)
      >

      > On 6/7/2011 5:15 AM, Mahesh Ghule wrote:
      > >

      > > Hello Gurus,
      > >
      > > I have a simple bordering on to daft question.
      > >
      > > Which is the best firmware I should use for my Linksys NSLU2?
      > >
      > > I have been using SlugOS 5.3 Beta on my slug for last two years. My main
      > > usage of it was
      > > 1. Media Server(MediaTomb)
      > > 2. Torrent Client(Transmission)
      > > 3. Home network FileServer(Samba)
      > > 4. Gateway to my home network via ssh.
      > >
      > > I was happy with what I had. It was my stupidity(let's not go
      > > there) that I have to rebuild it. I have two external drive 640GB and
      > > 500GB both Seagate.
      > >
      > > Now as I am about to rebuild it I wish to know should I use same
      > > SlugOSBE or try something new. I also want to use my Slug to monitor my
      > > room with WebCam but that is not a must.
      > >
      > > Please advice.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > Mahesh

    • Andreas Reitz
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 6, 2011

        since there's a 32bit Version of HipHop (Facebooks PHP->C++ Compiler)
        available, i would like to know if someone tried to compile it on the
        slug (or another arm device like dockstar,...). I'm playing a lot with
        php and it seems like a good possibility to reduce system load.

        Greets
      • comdiftelecom
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 29, 2012
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Andreas Reitz <andyr@...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > since there's a 32bit Version of HipHop (Facebooks PHP->C++ Compiler)
          > available, i would like to know if someone tried to compile it on the
          > slug (or another arm device like dockstar,...). I'm playing a lot with
          > php and it seems like a good possibility to reduce system load.
          >
          > Greets

          Hi Andreas,

          Have you got any informations?
          I would like to install it on Broadcom MIPS