Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: TwonkyVision media server

Expand Messages
  • Davy Salvini
    Same for me. Regards, Davy ... === message truncated === __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 1, 2004
    • 0 Attachment
      Same for me.

      Regards,
      Davy
      --- Lars <ilafe@...> wrote:

      >
      > Hi Simon i am interestet i a vesion off nohup.
      > I am going to buy a vertion off TwonkyVIsion. I cant
      > compile at the
      > moment i am having the /lib/cpp fails sanity check
      > problems so i cant
      > compile.
      > Yours Lars
      >
      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "sisash"
      > <sisash@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Roland,
      > >
      > > I compiled up nohup so that I could start
      > processes and have them
      > > keep run after I had closed the shell down. If you
      > like I could send
      > > it to you.
      > >
      > > Simon.
      > >
      > >
      > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com,
      > "rolandauckenthaler"
      > > <rauckenthaler@h...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi Kai and Stefan,
      > > >
      > > > here some info on how i put the twonkyvision
      > server on my NSLU box
      > > > The /opt/etc/init.d/S99mediaserver script looks
      > like
      > > >
      > > > #!/bin/sh
      > > > echo `date` starting > /opt/log.media
      > > > /bin/mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /share/hdd >
      > /dev/null
      > > > /bin/mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /share/flash >
      > /dev/null
      > > > chdir /opt
      > > > /opt/mediaserver &
      > > > echo started >> /opt/log.media
      > > >
      > > > As you can see, i have added some logging
      > statements and the
      > > > logging output looks like the following after a
      > reboot:
      > > >
      > > > Mon Nov 29 19:24:02 GMT 2004 starting
      > > > started
      > > >
      > > > the access rights of the script are:
      > > > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 445 Nov 29 19:04
      > S99mediaserver
      > > >
      > > > When i do the ps command i get the following
      > processes
      > > > Processes:
      > > > 1 root 1212 S init
      > > > 2 root 0 S [keventd]
      > > > 3 root 0 R
      > [ksoftirqd_CPU0]
      > > > 4 root 0 S [kswapd]
      > > > 5 root 0 S [bdflush]
      > > > 6 root 0 S [kupdated]
      > > > 7 root 0 S [mtdblockd]
      > > > 8 root 0 S [khubd]
      > > > 15 root 0 S
      > [usb-mxo-ot1]
      > > > 16 root 0 D
      > [usb-storage-1]
      > > > 17 root 0 S [scsi_eh_1]
      > > > 34 root 0 S [kjournald]
      > > > 47 root 0 D [ixp425_csr]
      > > > 49 root 0 S [ixp425
      > ixp1]
      > > > 51 ttyS0 root 1916 S /bin/sh
      > > > 52 root 1936 S
      > /sbin/syslogd -n
      > > > 53 root 1924 S /sbin/klogd
      > -n
      > > > 139 root 1216 S /sbin/udhcpc
      > -H ExternalDisk
      > > > 161 root 0 S [kjournald]
      > > > 339 root 2108 S
      > /usr/sbin/thttpd -
      > > C /etc/thttpd.conf
      > > > 363 root 3936 S
      > /usr/sbin/smbd -D
      > > > 365 root 3128 S
      > /usr/sbin/nmbd -D
      > > > 368 root 1240 S
      > /usr/sbin/download
      > > > 376 root 1276 S /bin/inetd
      > > > 413 root 1208 S
      > /usr/sbin/crond
      > > > 419 root 1908 S
      > /usr/sbin/CheckResetButton
      > > > 421 root 1196 S
      > /usr/sbin/CheckPowerButton
      > > > 423 root 1196 S
      > /usr/sbin/do_umount
      > > > 427 root 1924 S /bin/sh
      > /etc/rc.d/rc.quota
      > > > 434 root 2172 D
      > /usr/bin/quotacheck -a
      > > > 452 root 4256 S
      > /usr/sbin/smbd -D
      > > > 461 root 1256 S
      > /usr/sbin/telnetd
      > > > 462 ttyp0 root 1928 S -sh
      > > > 464 ttyp0 root 1988 R ps
      > > >
      > > > As you can see there are no mmediaserver
      > processes running. My
      > > > memory footprint looks like this (from
      > /proc/meminfo):
      > > > total: used: free: shared:
      > buffers: cached:
      > > > Mem: 31637504 30953472 684032 0
      > 9736192 1318912
      > > > Swap: 57569280 3084288 54484992
      > > > MemTotal: 30896 kB
      > > > MemFree: 668 kB
      > > > MemShared: 0 kB
      > > > Buffers: 9508 kB
      > > > Cached: 1084 kB
      > > > SwapCached: 204 kB
      > > > Active: 7252 kB
      > > > Inactive: 3980 kB
      > > > HighTotal: 0 kB
      > > > HighFree: 0 kB
      > > > LowTotal: 30896 kB
      > > > LowFree: 668 kB
      > > > SwapTotal: 56220 kB
      > > > SwapFree: 53208 kB
      > > >
      > > > When i run teh script from the shell then teh
      > server runs fine. I
      > > get
      > > > the following additional processes on my box.
      > > >
      > > > 485 ttyp0 root 12524 S
      > /opt/mediaserver
      > > > 487 ttyp0 root 12524 S
      > /opt/mediaserver
      > > > 488 ttyp0 root 12524 D
      > /opt/mediaserver
      > > > 489 ttyp0 root 12524 S
      > /opt/mediaserver
      > > > 490 ttyp0 root 12524 S
      > /opt/mediaserver
      > > > 491 ttyp0 root 12524 S
      > /opt/mediaserver
      > > > 492 ttyp0 root 12524 S
      > /opt/mediaserver
      > > >
      > > > with the new memory footprint being:
      > > >
      > > > total: used: free: shared:
      > buffers: cached:
      > > > Mem: 31637504 31072256 565248 0
      > 3117056 14745600
      > > > Swap: 57569280 2543616 55025664
      > > > MemTotal: 30896 kB
      > > > MemFree: 552 kB
      > > > MemShared: 0 kB
      > > > Buffers: 3044 kB
      > > > Cached: 13952 kB
      > > > SwapCached: 448 kB
      > > > Active: 5736 kB
      > > > Inactive: 13856 kB
      > > > HighTotal: 0 kB
      > > > HighFree: 0 kB
      > > > LowTotal: 30896 kB
      > > > LowFree: 552 kB
      > > > SwapTotal: 56220 kB
      > > > SwapFree: 53736 kB
      > > >
      > > > So with the processes running i can use a
      > netgear MP101 box to
      > > listen
      > > > to the MP3s on the haddisk.
      > > >
      > > > but unfortunately i can't logout without the
      > server stay up and
      > > > running :-S
      > > >
      > > > If some of you can help that would be great.
      > > >
      > > > Roland
      > > >
      > > > PS: Kai, a work mate of mine (he's argentinean)
      > is also moving from
      > > > bristol to barcelona next year to work from
      > there for about 6
      > > month.
      > > > He's also into IT and probably knows how the
      > stuff works down
      > > there.
      >
      === message truncated ===


      __________________________________________________
      Do You Yahoo!?
      Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Lars
      Great. Thankx! Cheers Lars
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 1, 2004
      • 0 Attachment
        Great. Thankx!
        Cheers Lars

        > You can download it from
        >
        > http://world.waena.edu/~simon/nohup.gz
        >
        > Simon.
        > Thanks! ;-)
      • rolandauckenthaler
        Hi Simon, Thank s a lot - Twonkyvision now works perfectly. Do you mind if i add the link to the nohup to the twiki at
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 1, 2004
        • 0 Attachment
          Hi Simon,

          Thank's a lot - Twonkyvision now works perfectly. Do you mind if i add
          the link to the nohup to the twiki at
          http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/UseTheTwonkyVisionUPnPMediaServer
          ?

          roland


          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "sisash" <sisash@y...> wrote:
          >
          > You can download it from
          >
          > http://world.waena.edu/~simon/nohup.gz
          >
          > Simon.
          >
          >
          > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Lars" <ilafe@r...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Simon i am interestet i a vesion off nohup.
          > > I am going to buy a vertion off TwonkyVIsion. I cant compile at the
          > > moment i am having the /lib/cpp fails sanity check problems so i
          > cant
          > > compile.
          > > Yours Lars
          > >
          > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "sisash" <sisash@y...> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hi Roland,
          > > >
          > > > I compiled up nohup so that I could start processes and have
          > them
          > > > keep run after I had closed the shell down. If you like I could
          > send
          > > > it to you.
          > > >
          > > > Simon.
          > > >
          > > >
          > > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "rolandauckenthaler"
          > > > <rauckenthaler@h...> wrote:
          > > > >
          > > > > Hi Kai and Stefan,
          > > > >
          > > > > here some info on how i put the twonkyvision server on my NSLU
          > box
          > > > > The /opt/etc/init.d/S99mediaserver script looks like
          > > > >
          > > > > #!/bin/sh
          > > > > echo `date` starting > /opt/log.media
          > > > > /bin/mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /share/hdd > /dev/null
          > > > > /bin/mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /share/flash > /dev/null
          > > > > chdir /opt
          > > > > /opt/mediaserver &
          > > > > echo started >> /opt/log.media
          > > > >
          > > > > As you can see, i have added some logging statements and the
          > > > > logging output looks like the following after a reboot:
          > > > >
          > > > > Mon Nov 29 19:24:02 GMT 2004 starting
          > > > > started
          > > > >
          > > > > the access rights of the script are:
          > > > > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 445 Nov 29 19:04 S99mediaserver
          > > > >
          > > > > When i do the ps command i get the following processes
          > > > > Processes:
          > > > > 1 root 1212 S init
          > > > > 2 root 0 S [keventd]
          > > > > 3 root 0 R [ksoftirqd_CPU0]
          > > > > 4 root 0 S [kswapd]
          > > > > 5 root 0 S [bdflush]
          > > > > 6 root 0 S [kupdated]
          > > > > 7 root 0 S [mtdblockd]
          > > > > 8 root 0 S [khubd]
          > > > > 15 root 0 S [usb-mxo-ot1]
          > > > > 16 root 0 D [usb-storage-1]
          > > > > 17 root 0 S [scsi_eh_1]
          > > > > 34 root 0 S [kjournald]
          > > > > 47 root 0 D [ixp425_csr]
          > > > > 49 root 0 S [ixp425 ixp1]
          > > > > 51 ttyS0 root 1916 S /bin/sh
          > > > > 52 root 1936 S /sbin/syslogd -n
          > > > > 53 root 1924 S /sbin/klogd -n
          > > > > 139 root 1216 S /sbin/udhcpc -H
          > ExternalDisk
          > > > > 161 root 0 S [kjournald]
          > > > > 339 root 2108 S /usr/sbin/thttpd -
          > > > C /etc/thttpd.conf
          > > > > 363 root 3936 S /usr/sbin/smbd -D
          > > > > 365 root 3128 S /usr/sbin/nmbd -D
          > > > > 368 root 1240 S /usr/sbin/download
          > > > > 376 root 1276 S /bin/inetd
          > > > > 413 root 1208 S /usr/sbin/crond
          > > > > 419 root 1908 S /usr/sbin/CheckResetButton
          > > > > 421 root 1196 S /usr/sbin/CheckPowerButton
          > > > > 423 root 1196 S /usr/sbin/do_umount
          > > > > 427 root 1924 S /bin/sh /etc/rc.d/rc.quota
          > > > > 434 root 2172 D /usr/bin/quotacheck -a
          > > > > 452 root 4256 S /usr/sbin/smbd -D
          > > > > 461 root 1256 S /usr/sbin/telnetd
          > > > > 462 ttyp0 root 1928 S -sh
          > > > > 464 ttyp0 root 1988 R ps
          > > > >
          > > > > As you can see there are no mmediaserver processes running. My
          > > > > memory footprint looks like this (from /proc/meminfo):
          > > > > total: used: free: shared: buffers: cached:
          > > > > Mem: 31637504 30953472 684032 0 9736192 1318912
          > > > > Swap: 57569280 3084288 54484992
          > > > > MemTotal: 30896 kB
          > > > > MemFree: 668 kB
          > > > > MemShared: 0 kB
          > > > > Buffers: 9508 kB
          > > > > Cached: 1084 kB
          > > > > SwapCached: 204 kB
          > > > > Active: 7252 kB
          > > > > Inactive: 3980 kB
          > > > > HighTotal: 0 kB
          > > > > HighFree: 0 kB
          > > > > LowTotal: 30896 kB
          > > > > LowFree: 668 kB
          > > > > SwapTotal: 56220 kB
          > > > > SwapFree: 53208 kB
          > > > >
          > > > > When i run teh script from the shell then teh server runs
          > fine. I
          > > > get
          > > > > the following additional processes on my box.
          > > > >
          > > > > 485 ttyp0 root 12524 S /opt/mediaserver
          > > > > 487 ttyp0 root 12524 S /opt/mediaserver
          > > > > 488 ttyp0 root 12524 D /opt/mediaserver
          > > > > 489 ttyp0 root 12524 S /opt/mediaserver
          > > > > 490 ttyp0 root 12524 S /opt/mediaserver
          > > > > 491 ttyp0 root 12524 S /opt/mediaserver
          > > > > 492 ttyp0 root 12524 S /opt/mediaserver
          > > > >
          > > > > with the new memory footprint being:
          > > > >
          > > > > total: used: free: shared: buffers: cached:
          > > > > Mem: 31637504 31072256 565248 0 3117056 14745600
          > > > > Swap: 57569280 2543616 55025664
          > > > > MemTotal: 30896 kB
          > > > > MemFree: 552 kB
          > > > > MemShared: 0 kB
          > > > > Buffers: 3044 kB
          > > > > Cached: 13952 kB
          > > > > SwapCached: 448 kB
          > > > > Active: 5736 kB
          > > > > Inactive: 13856 kB
          > > > > HighTotal: 0 kB
          > > > > HighFree: 0 kB
          > > > > LowTotal: 30896 kB
          > > > > LowFree: 552 kB
          > > > > SwapTotal: 56220 kB
          > > > > SwapFree: 53736 kB
          > > > >
          > > > > So with the processes running i can use a netgear MP101 box to
          > > > listen
          > > > > to the MP3s on the haddisk.
          > > > >
          > > > > but unfortunately i can't logout without the server stay up and
          > > > > running :-S
          > > > >
          > > > > If some of you can help that would be great.
          > > > >
          > > > > Roland
          > > > >
          > > > > PS: Kai, a work mate of mine (he's argentinean) is also moving
          > from
          > > > > bristol to barcelona next year to work from there for about 6
          > > > month.
          > > > > He's also into IT and probably knows how the stuff works down
          > > > there.
          > > > > If you like i can give him your email and he can hook up with
          > you.
          > > > >
          > > > >
          > > > >
          > > > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Kai Steinbach
          > > > <kai.steinbach@g...>
          > > > > wrote:
          > > > > > Hello Roland,
          > > > > >
          > > > > > On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 16:35:37 -0000, rolandauckenthaler wrote:
          > > > > > > When i telnet onto the NSLU I can start twonkyvision
          > without a
          > > > > > > problem. So from this i assume there is enough memory to
          > run .
          > > > > > > the server
          > > > > > > I put a start script under /opt/etc/init.d
          > > > > >
          > > > > > What happens if you execute the script manually from a
          > telnet
          > > > session.
          > > > > > I had a typo in my /opt/etc/init.d/S99mediaserver script ...
          > > > maybe
          > > > > > it's something silly...
          > > > > >
          > > > > > > and it gets executed when i reboot the NSLU.
          > > > > >
          > > > > > How did you confirm that the script gets executed on reboot?
          > > > > >
          > > > > > > When i telnet onto it after reboot, the twonkyvision
          > > > > > > server is not running.
          > > > > > > Do i need to do something special to run this server how
          > can i
          > > > run it
          > > > > > > asa daemon? Has somebody experience with this?
          > > > > >
          > > > > > Nothing special required, it should work in the way you are
          > > > trying it.
          > > > > >
          > > > > > I have also a few more scribbles on this wiki page:
          > > > > > http://www.nslu2-
          > > > linux.org/wiki/HowTo/UseTheTwonkyVisionUPnPMediaServer
          > > > > > Would be great if you can review it and add to it
          > accordingly.
          > > > > >
          > > > > > Hope this helps - Kai
          > > > > >
          > > > > >
          > > > > > PS / Off topic: are there any Spanish NSLU2 chaps in this
          > list?
          > > > > > Chances are I will be moving from England to Barcelona in
          > the
          > > > week
          > > > > > after Christmas ... and I would appreciate any contact, who
          > > > could give
          > > > > > me a few tips with Spanish housing, broadband Internet and
          > mobile
          > > > > > phone customs, etc ... Please contact me off list -
          > Thanks! ;-)
        • sisash
          I don t mind at all. I just can not guarantee that the server where I put the file will always be there. Perhaps nohup could be added to the set of nslu2
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 2, 2004
          • 0 Attachment
            I don't mind at all. I just can not guarantee that the server where
            I put the file will always be there. Perhaps nohup could be added to
            the set of nslu2 packages? I can send someone the nohup.c file I
            compiled if they know how to add packages.


            Simon.

            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "rolandauckenthaler"
            <rauckenthaler@h...> wrote:
            >
            > Hi Simon,
            >
            > Thank's a lot - Twonkyvision now works perfectly. Do you mind if i
            add
            > the link to the nohup to the twiki at
            > http://www.nslu2-
            linux.org/wiki/HowTo/UseTheTwonkyVisionUPnPMediaServer
            > ?
            >
            > roland
            >
            >
            > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "sisash" <sisash@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > You can download it from
            > >
            > > http://world.waena.edu/~simon/nohup.gz
            > >
            > > Simon.
            > >
            > >
            > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Lars" <ilafe@r...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi Simon i am interestet i a vesion off nohup.
            > > > I am going to buy a vertion off TwonkyVIsion. I cant compile
            at the
            > > > moment i am having the /lib/cpp fails sanity check problems so
            i
            > > cant
            > > > compile.
            > > > Yours Lars
            > > >
            > > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "sisash" <sisash@y...>
            wrote:
            > > > >
            > > > > Hi Roland,
            > > > >
            > > > > I compiled up nohup so that I could start processes and have
            > > them
            > > > > keep run after I had closed the shell down. If you like I
            could
            > > send
            > > > > it to you.
            > > > >
            > > > > Simon.
            > > > >
            > > > >
            > > > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "rolandauckenthaler"
            > > > > <rauckenthaler@h...> wrote:
            > > > > >
            > > > > > Hi Kai and Stefan,
            > > > > >
            > > > > > here some info on how i put the twonkyvision server on my
            NSLU
            > > box
            > > > > > The /opt/etc/init.d/S99mediaserver script looks like
            > > > > >
            > > > > > #!/bin/sh
            > > > > > echo `date` starting > /opt/log.media
            > > > > > /bin/mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /share/hdd > /dev/null
            > > > > > /bin/mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /share/flash > /dev/null
            > > > > > chdir /opt
            > > > > > /opt/mediaserver &
            > > > > > echo started >> /opt/log.media
            > > > > >
            > > > > > As you can see, i have added some logging statements and
            the
            > > > > > logging output looks like the following after a reboot:
            > > > > >
            > > > > > Mon Nov 29 19:24:02 GMT 2004 starting
            > > > > > started
            > > > > >
            > > > > > the access rights of the script are:
            > > > > > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 445 Nov 29 19:04
            S99mediaserver
            > > > > >
            > > > > > When i do the ps command i get the following processes
            > > > > > Processes:
            > > > > > 1 root 1212 S init
            > > > > > 2 root 0 S [keventd]
            > > > > > 3 root 0 R [ksoftirqd_CPU0]
            > > > > > 4 root 0 S [kswapd]
            > > > > > 5 root 0 S [bdflush]
            > > > > > 6 root 0 S [kupdated]
            > > > > > 7 root 0 S [mtdblockd]
            > > > > > 8 root 0 S [khubd]
            > > > > > 15 root 0 S [usb-mxo-ot1]
            > > > > > 16 root 0 D [usb-storage-1]
            > > > > > 17 root 0 S [scsi_eh_1]
            > > > > > 34 root 0 S [kjournald]
            > > > > > 47 root 0 D [ixp425_csr]
            > > > > > 49 root 0 S [ixp425 ixp1]
            > > > > > 51 ttyS0 root 1916 S /bin/sh
            > > > > > 52 root 1936 S /sbin/syslogd -n
            > > > > > 53 root 1924 S /sbin/klogd -n
            > > > > > 139 root 1216 S /sbin/udhcpc -H
            > > ExternalDisk
            > > > > > 161 root 0 S [kjournald]
            > > > > > 339 root 2108 S /usr/sbin/thttpd -
            > > > > C /etc/thttpd.conf
            > > > > > 363 root 3936 S /usr/sbin/smbd -D
            > > > > > 365 root 3128 S /usr/sbin/nmbd -D
            > > > > > 368 root 1240 S /usr/sbin/download
            > > > > > 376 root 1276 S /bin/inetd
            > > > > > 413 root 1208 S /usr/sbin/crond
            > > > > > 419 root 1908
            S /usr/sbin/CheckResetButton
            > > > > > 421 root 1196
            S /usr/sbin/CheckPowerButton
            > > > > > 423 root 1196 S /usr/sbin/do_umount
            > > > > > 427 root 1924
            S /bin/sh /etc/rc.d/rc.quota
            > > > > > 434 root 2172 D /usr/bin/quotacheck -a
            > > > > > 452 root 4256 S /usr/sbin/smbd -D
            > > > > > 461 root 1256 S /usr/sbin/telnetd
            > > > > > 462 ttyp0 root 1928 S -sh
            > > > > > 464 ttyp0 root 1988 R ps
            > > > > >
            > > > > > As you can see there are no mmediaserver processes
            running. My
            > > > > > memory footprint looks like this (from /proc/meminfo):
            > > > > > total: used: free: shared: buffers:
            cached:
            > > > > > Mem: 31637504 30953472 684032 0 9736192 1318912
            > > > > > Swap: 57569280 3084288 54484992
            > > > > > MemTotal: 30896 kB
            > > > > > MemFree: 668 kB
            > > > > > MemShared: 0 kB
            > > > > > Buffers: 9508 kB
            > > > > > Cached: 1084 kB
            > > > > > SwapCached: 204 kB
            > > > > > Active: 7252 kB
            > > > > > Inactive: 3980 kB
            > > > > > HighTotal: 0 kB
            > > > > > HighFree: 0 kB
            > > > > > LowTotal: 30896 kB
            > > > > > LowFree: 668 kB
            > > > > > SwapTotal: 56220 kB
            > > > > > SwapFree: 53208 kB
            > > > > >
            > > > > > When i run teh script from the shell then teh server runs
            > > fine. I
            > > > > get
            > > > > > the following additional processes on my box.
            > > > > >
            > > > > > 485 ttyp0 root 12524 S /opt/mediaserver
            > > > > > 487 ttyp0 root 12524 S /opt/mediaserver
            > > > > > 488 ttyp0 root 12524 D /opt/mediaserver
            > > > > > 489 ttyp0 root 12524 S /opt/mediaserver
            > > > > > 490 ttyp0 root 12524 S /opt/mediaserver
            > > > > > 491 ttyp0 root 12524 S /opt/mediaserver
            > > > > > 492 ttyp0 root 12524 S /opt/mediaserver
            > > > > >
            > > > > > with the new memory footprint being:
            > > > > >
            > > > > > total: used: free: shared: buffers:
            cached:
            > > > > > Mem: 31637504 31072256 565248 0 3117056 14745600
            > > > > > Swap: 57569280 2543616 55025664
            > > > > > MemTotal: 30896 kB
            > > > > > MemFree: 552 kB
            > > > > > MemShared: 0 kB
            > > > > > Buffers: 3044 kB
            > > > > > Cached: 13952 kB
            > > > > > SwapCached: 448 kB
            > > > > > Active: 5736 kB
            > > > > > Inactive: 13856 kB
            > > > > > HighTotal: 0 kB
            > > > > > HighFree: 0 kB
            > > > > > LowTotal: 30896 kB
            > > > > > LowFree: 552 kB
            > > > > > SwapTotal: 56220 kB
            > > > > > SwapFree: 53736 kB
            > > > > >
            > > > > > So with the processes running i can use a netgear MP101
            box to
            > > > > listen
            > > > > > to the MP3s on the haddisk.
            > > > > >
            > > > > > but unfortunately i can't logout without the server stay
            up and
            > > > > > running :-S
            > > > > >
            > > > > > If some of you can help that would be great.
            > > > > >
            > > > > > Roland
            > > > > >
            > > > > > PS: Kai, a work mate of mine (he's argentinean) is also
            moving
            > > from
            > > > > > bristol to barcelona next year to work from there for
            about 6
            > > > > month.
            > > > > > He's also into IT and probably knows how the stuff works
            down
            > > > > there.
            > > > > > If you like i can give him your email and he can hook up
            with
            > > you.
            > > > > >
            > > > > >
            > > > > >
            > > > > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Kai Steinbach
            > > > > <kai.steinbach@g...>
            > > > > > wrote:
            > > > > > > Hello Roland,
            > > > > > >
            > > > > > > On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 16:35:37 -0000, rolandauckenthaler
            wrote:
            > > > > > > > When i telnet onto the NSLU I can start twonkyvision
            > > without a
            > > > > > > > problem. So from this i assume there is enough memory
            to
            > > run .
            > > > > > > > the server
            > > > > > > > I put a start script under /opt/etc/init.d
            > > > > > >
            > > > > > > What happens if you execute the script manually from a
            > > telnet
            > > > > session.
            > > > > > > I had a typo in my /opt/etc/init.d/S99mediaserver
            script ...
            > > > > maybe
            > > > > > > it's something silly...
            > > > > > >
            > > > > > > > and it gets executed when i reboot the NSLU.
            > > > > > >
            > > > > > > How did you confirm that the script gets executed on
            reboot?
            > > > > > >
            > > > > > > > When i telnet onto it after reboot, the twonkyvision
            > > > > > > > server is not running.
            > > > > > > > Do i need to do something special to run this server
            how
            > > can i
            > > > > run it
            > > > > > > > asa daemon? Has somebody experience with this?
            > > > > > >
            > > > > > > Nothing special required, it should work in the way you
            are
            > > > > trying it.
            > > > > > >
            > > > > > > I have also a few more scribbles on this wiki page:
            > > > > > > http://www.nslu2-
            > > > > linux.org/wiki/HowTo/UseTheTwonkyVisionUPnPMediaServer
            > > > > > > Would be great if you can review it and add to it
            > > accordingly.
            > > > > > >
            > > > > > > Hope this helps - Kai
            > > > > > >
            > > > > > >
            > > > > > > PS / Off topic: are there any Spanish NSLU2 chaps in
            this
            > > list?
            > > > > > > Chances are I will be moving from England to Barcelona
            in
            > > the
            > > > > week
            > > > > > > after Christmas ... and I would appreciate any contact,
            who
            > > > > could give
            > > > > > > me a few tips with Spanish housing, broadband Internet
            and
            > > mobile
            > > > > > > phone customs, etc ... Please contact me off list -
            > > Thanks! ;-)
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.