SER or other SIP server on slug

  • mick_nslu2
    Message 1 of 3 , May 27, 2011
      Hi All,

      I've been going through the SER website and all the links to the documentation seem to be down. Is there a howto somewhere so that I don't have to fly blind through the conf file?

      Is there another proxy server that I should consider for unslung-6.10-beta?
      --
      Regards,
    • Ovidiu Sas
      Message 2 of 3 , May 28, 2011
        You have three options for *SER type SIP servers:
         - ser - a very old version of it (I woudn't bother with it);.
         - openser - the last version of openser before the kamailio/opensips split;
         - opensips - the latest stable version.

        The documentation website works fine for both kamailio and opensips:

        Regards,
        Ovidiu Sas

        Message 3 of 3 , May 29, 2011
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Ovidiu Sas <osas@...> wrote:

          > You have three options for *SER type SIP servers:
          > - ser - a very old version of it (I woudn't bother with it);.
          > - openser - the last version of openser before the kamailio/opensips split;
          > - opensips - the latest stable version.

          Excellent! I found opensips in the repo:

          # ipkg list opensips
          opensips - 1.6.4-1 - Open SIP Express Router

          > The documentation website works fine for both kamailio and opensips:
          > http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php
          > <http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php>
          > http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsCookbooks

          Thank you, most useful!