Trying to use digital camers

  • clerew5
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2011
      I have downloaded gphoto2, and I have connected the camera (a Fuji Finepix S1500), but it is not recognised.

      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Applications/DigitalCameraBackup suggests that, when the camera is switched on, I should at least see something in
      #dmesg | tail -n 10
      but there is nothing showing in there (nor in /var/log/messages).

      Tried it in a laptop running XP (or thereabouts) and that could see nothing either, but a Windows 7 system recognized it at once, so that camera and the USB cable are clearly operational.

      The only spark I got from my slug (slugos BE 4.8.1) was that /dev/ptmx and /dev/pts/0 both showed a last modified time of when the camera was switched on.

      Suggestions? Clearly I need so set up some udev stuff, but I need some idea of what to setup.