automake (aclocal) and perl with ithreads

  • philocompute
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2011
      Hello,

      I'm using optware on a usb drive with a Cisco e3000. I'm trying to compile my own package, and had two problems. The first is I noticed /opt/bin/aclocal is a symlink to /opt/bin/aclocal-1.10, but aclocal-1.11 is what is installed.

      root@rom:/opt# ls -la /opt/bin/aclocal*
      lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12 Apr 5 02:46 /opt/bin/aclocal -> aclocal-1.10
      -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 31181 Dec 21 06:17 /opt/bin/aclocal-1.11

      The other problem is that after symlinking correctly, aclocal fails on perl not being built with ithreads.

      root@rom:/opt# ln -sf /opt/bin/aclocal-1.11 /opt/bin/aclocal
      root@rom:/opt# aclocal
      /opt/share/automake-1.11/Automake/ChannelDefs.pm line 23:

      This Perl hasn't been configured and built properly for the threads
      module to work. (The 'useithreads' configuration option hasn't been used.)

      Having threads support requires all of Perl and all of the XS modules in
      the Perl installation to be rebuilt, it is not just a question of adding
      the threads module. (In other words, threaded and non-threaded Perls
      are binary incompatible.)

      If you want to the use the threads module, please contact the people
      who built your Perl.

      Cannot continue, aborting.
      BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/lib/perl5/5.8.8/mipsel-linux/threads.pm line 28.
      Compilation failed in require at /opt/share/automake-1.11/Automake/ChannelDefs.pm line 23.
      BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/share/automake-1.11/Automake/ChannelDefs.pm line 26.
      Compilation failed in require at /opt/share/automake-1.11/Automake/Configure_ac.pm line 26.
      BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/share/automake-1.11/Automake/Configure_ac.pm line 26.
      Compilation failed in require at /opt/bin/aclocal line 39.
      BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/bin/aclocal line 39.

      I'm new to this list and this development effort. I apologize in advance if this is the incorrect forum.

      Thanks.