Re: [nslu2-linux] A slug's life (and death) ... The resurrection?

  • Ian White
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 22, 2011
      Hi Mike,

      Thanks for the info, this was just the information I was looking for.

      I have successfully flashed my slug with SlugOS(BE) 5.3-beta, run "turnup
      init", formatted the disk (in the enclosure using Ubuntu live CD) and it is
      recognized by the slug

      So I am ready to establish a better partitioning scheme and then progress
      towards my "happier slug"

      Thanks again
      Ian W.

    • Ian White
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 10, 2011
        I have re-flashed my formerly "unslung" slug with SlugOS/BE and set up my
        desired partitioning structure

        But when I came to install the various optware packages including coreutils,
        rsync, samba, python etc.
        I found that there were no packages for librsync and rdiff-backup

        Are these (librsync and rdiff-backup) available for SlugOS/BE
        or should I go for a Debian-based slug firmware/Debian install to obtain
        access to Debian's larger package collection?

        Thanks
        Ian W.