looking for minicom binary or similar...

  • microfirmware
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2004

      I'm trying to log data from the second serial port, and I beleive I
      need something like minicom or microcom in order to open the port,
      change baud etc. parameters, and log incoming data to a file. I'm not
      yet set up to cross compile; if anyone has minicom binary, I'd really
      appreciate if you could make it available.

      Any other suggestions for logging serial data would be appreciated.

      Thanks,

      loren
    • kaijuupie
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2004

        If you want to capture data from an instriment with known data format,
        I found writing myown serial communication routine much easier. Link
        are included for communication software I wrote for my own
        project(which you can find on the same website) Feel free to use it
        as a starting point in writing your own serial data capturing software.

        http://member.newsguy.com/~rhuang/initserial.c
        http://member.newsguy.com/~rhuang/readtemp.c

        The first file initialize the serial port for different baud rate and
        hand shake information, and the second code read data from a
        temperature sensor attached to the serial port.

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "microfirmware"
        <microfirmware@u...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm trying to log data from the second serial port, and I beleive I
        > need something like minicom or microcom in order to open the port,
        > change baud etc. parameters, and log incoming data to a file. I'm not
        > yet set up to cross compile; if anyone has minicom binary, I'd really
        > appreciate if you could make it available.
        >
        > Any other suggestions for logging serial data would be appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > loren
      • microfirmware
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2004
          Thanks!

          Which toolset are you using to build the executable - the
          CompileCrossTool or the snapgear stuff?

          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "kaijuupie" <rhuang@n...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > If you want to capture data from an instriment with known data format,
          > I found writing myown serial communication routine much easier. Link
          > are included for communication software I wrote for my own
          > project(which you can find on the same website) Feel free to use it
          > as a starting point in writing your own serial data capturing
          software.

          > http://member.newsguy.com/~rhuang/initserial.c
          > http://member.newsguy.com/~rhuang/readtemp.c
          >
          > The first file initialize the serial port for different baud rate and
          > hand shake information, and the second code read data from a
          > temperature sensor attached to the serial port.
          >

          > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "microfirmware"
          > <microfirmware@u...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I'm trying to log data from the second serial port, and I beleive I
          > > need something like minicom or microcom in order to open the port,
          > > change baud etc. parameters, and log incoming data to a file. I'm not
          > > yet set up to cross compile; if anyone has minicom binary, I'd really
          > > appreciate if you could make it available.
          > >
          > > Any other suggestions for logging serial data would be appreciated.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > loren
        • kvnmcgough
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 22, 2004
            I asked this one a while back:

            has anyone played with X10 interfacing (MR26A or Firecracker)?

            I was thinking about Airport Express, and controlling it without
            having to run a fat client on a Mac/PC.

            for instance:

            between an 310mhz RF remote and the X10 MR26A

            <http://wiki.tcl.tk/references/3890!>

            # Michael Jacobson (mpjacobson2000@...)

            ### Button Mapping
            set dlable {POWER PC TITLE SUBTITLE DISPLAY RETURN MENU EXIT \
            LEFT UP RIGHT DOWN OK PLAY STOP SKIPPREV \
            SKIPNEXT REWIND FORWARD PAUSE RECORD RECALL ONE TWO \
            THREE FOUR FIVE SIX SEVEN EIGHT NINE ZERO \
            ABSWITCH ENTER CHANNELUP CHANNELDOWN VOLUMEUP
            VOLUMEDOWN MUTE LIGHT1ON \
            LIGHT2ON LIGHT3ON LIGHT4ON LIGHT5ON LIGHT6ON LIGHT7ON
            LIGHT8ON LIGHT1OFF \
            LIGHT2OFF LIGHT3OFF LIGHT4OFF LIGHT5OFF LIGHT6OFF
            LIGHT7OFF LIGHT8OFF ALLLIGHTSON \
            ALLLIGHTSOFF}
            set dcode {EEF0 EED4 EED6 EED4 EE3A EED8 EEB6 EEC9 \
            EED2 EED5 EED1 EED3 EE52 EEB0 EE70 EE00 \
            EE00 EE38 EEB8 EE72 EEFF EEF2 EE82 EE42 \
            EEC2 EE22 EEA2 EE62 EEE2 EE12 EE92 EE02 \
            EEBA EE52 EE40 EEC0 EE60 EEE0 EEA0 6000 \
            6010 6008 6018 6040 6050 6048 6058 6020 \
            6030 6028 6038 6060 6070 6068 6078 6090 \
            6080}