Re: NSLU2 alternative? ubiquiti nanostation loco m2

  • oddballhero
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 19, 2011
      Might as well mention also the ubiquiti nanostation loco m2 which can run OpenWrt just like my trusty NSLU2. Got a good price on mine a while back, less than $70 (I think you can get it for $50 now). By the way, saw articles about the Foxconn running as a Hackintosh. Put in some leftover parts and now another Debian Machine. Works great.

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph&Maria Finch" <ralphmariafinch@...> wrote:

      > Foxconn R10-S4
      >
      > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856119012
      >
      > Could this be an alternative to our beloved Slug?
      >

      > - Low power, fanless (reviewer says "draws 35 watts at idle")
      > - small form factor
      > - install any OS you like
      > - 1 internal & 1 external storage bays SATA 3.0Gb/s
      > - onboard video
      > - Realtek 8100C(10/100Mbps) LAN
      > - 2 front 4 rear USB (2.0 I assume)
      >
      > I would prefer something a little more stripped and lower power,
      > nevertheless this seems to be a contender...

    • oddballhero
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 5, 2011
        Might as well mention another candidate.
        http://www.genesi-usa.com/products/efika