Re: [nslu2-linux] newbie: firmware flash now cannot access slug

  • Stephen Miller
    Message 1 of 24 , Dec 21, 2010
      For the record, I think the wiki has a reasonable explanation about the LED colors when going into upgrade mode.

      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/SlugOS/UsingTheBinary

      If you wish to clarify it please do. I have early units and you have later units. The bit about the network connection is definitely new to me (my early units don't care if the network cable is connected or not) and it would be good to add it to the wiki.

      Steve

      On 10-12-21 12:50 PM, tonjg wrote:

      sdm485 wrote:

      > Curious about the reset into upgrade not working;

      if it benefits anyone else, this is what happens with my slug. The stuff on
      the wiki about a red flashing light is baloney. I get an orange light, and
      then after about ten seconds I get a tiny tiny variation on the orange. The
      light goes slightly dimmer and thats when I release the reset button and
      that's when the upgrade mode works. But the difference between the two is
      really really hard to spot, and it only works if there is no network cable
      connected.