rtorrent error on unslung

  • M.J. Johnson
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 15, 2010
         Hello.  I've run into the same problem that was documented nearly four years ago, in this thread initiated by Brian Zhou.

         Was any resolution ever discovered?  Is the specific problem downloading to an NTFS partition?

         TIA...
    • threeeyedtoad
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 28, 2010
        Didn't see any responses to this query, so let's try a different question:

        Is there anyone out there running Unslung 6.x and SOME torrent client that is dumping files to an NTFS disk? If so, what client are you running, please?

        Thx.

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "M.J. Johnson" <threeeyedtoad@...> wrote:

        > Hello. I've run into the same problem that was documented nearly four
        > years ago, in this thread initiated by Brian Zhou.

        > Was any resolution ever discovered? Is the specific problem downloading
        > to an NTFS partition?
        >
        > TIA...

      • Roman Gargulak
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 28, 2010
          I am running transmission and it works fine. Just make sure that you
          install version 1.76-1, newer versions do not work on NSLU2 for some
          reason. I am running uNSLUng-6.10-beta.

          Cheers,
          Roman

          threeeyedtoad murmured, on 12/28/2010 2:50 PM:

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 29, 2010
            I uploaded transmission 1.76-1 ipk for unslung firmware here
            http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-general/files/transmission-1.76/unslung/

            Cheers,

            -Brian

            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Roman Gargulak <roman@...> wrote:

            > I am running transmission and it works fine. Just make sure that you
            > install version 1.76-1, newer versions do not work on NSLU2 for some
            > reason. I am running uNSLUng-6.10-beta.
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Roman
            >

            > threeeyedtoad murmured, on 12/28/2010 2:50 PM:
            > > Didn't see any responses to this query, so let's try a different question:
            > >
            > > Is there anyone out there running Unslung 6.x and SOME torrent client that is dumping files to an NTFS disk? If so, what client are you running, please?
            > >
            > > Thx.
            > >
            > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "M.J. Johnson"<threeeyedtoad@> wrote:
            > >> Hello. I've run into the same problem that was documented nearly four
            > >> years ago, in this thread initiated by Brian Zhou.

            > >> Was any resolution ever discovered? Is the specific problem downloading
            > >> to an NTFS partition?
            > >>
            > >> TIA...

          • M.J. Johnson
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 31, 2010
                 Thanks, Roman and Brian.  I'm successfully running Transmission 1.76 on unslung 6.10 writing files to an NTFS partition.  It's a great lightweight client, and the built-in web client is quite handy.  Remote Windows client is a bonus.

                 Thanks for the assistance!