NSLU2 power up fail - permanent reset

  • nsluv2
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2010
      I have been sucessfully used my slug in past times with Debian install. Now, after unknown event, slug cannot wake up. On original power supply Power LED blinks. With replaced power suply Power LED stays on and Ready/Status LED blinks. RS-232 terminal shows only repeating "+" mark. It looks like reset loops. I try to bypass power on electronics and give power directly to USB supply lines with same results - slug cannot wake up. Bricked?
    • nsluv2
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2010
        Finally I was replaced power supplier to new one - 5V, 2A. All bad syndroms was gone. Only "Power" LED stays on switch undependently - I cannot turn off this LED without remove power supply plug. I dont remember is this normal or not. For me it depends on specific GPIO8 pin state...

        So after the three years of work original Linksys power supplier starts behave bizarre. Do not use weak replacements!