Re: Inaccessible slug, unusual behavior

  • cbm128
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 23, 2010
      > I am running SlogOS 4.8. Rarely and irregurarly my slug has the following behavior:
      >
      > 1. stops accepting ssh connections
      > 2. does not allow NFS connections
      > 3. does not allow connections to the imap server
      > 4. stops logging

      I would first check the power supply voltage under load.
      There is a long tradition of PSU slowly failing (due to capacitor decay), I had to replace mine with a pro unit after struggling for weeks to understand why I kept having issues with a hub connected hard drive till I realized that the provided voltage was not enough to power everything.
      The advantage of this pro PSU was that I could use it to feed the NLSU (and its current replacement the sheevaplug), the hub (and the attached 2" hd) and also a green switch (Linksys if I remember correctly) which works on just 5v.
      Also it is far more efficient than 3 cheap PSU and requires 1 power plug.

      Just my 0.000000000005 cents! ;-)

      Max