ffmpeg with h264 and aac support

  • nicod_lyon
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2010
      hello,
      thank you for your GoldMine like forum :-)
      I'm looking for a special build of ffmpeg with h264 + aac support available.
      My platform is Qnap TS-219P
      from uname -a I got "armv5tel"
      from /proc/cpuinfo I got :
      Processor : Feroceon 88FR131 rev 1 (v5l)
      BogoMIPS : 1199.30
      Features : swp half thumb fastmult edsp
      CPU implementer : 0x56
      CPU architecture: 5TE
      CPU variant : 0x2
      CPU part : 0x131
      CPU revision : 1

      Hardware : QNAP TS-119/TS-219/TS-419
      Revision : 0000
      Serial : 0000000000000000

      Thank you sooo much In advance!

      Cheers!

      nico
    • Robert Hammond
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 15, 2010
        In message <ibp0km+4gm3@...>, nicod_lyon <nicod.lyon@...>
        writes
        >hello,
        >thank you for your GoldMine like forum :-)
        >I'm looking for a special build of ffmpeg with h264 + aac support available.

        The current Optware version of ffmpeg is quite dated, an early SVN
        snapshot dated 2008. Reading through the release notes indicates that
        support for h264 and aac is available from versions 0.50 onwards dated
        from march 2009 onwards.

        I think all that is needed is for the package build to be updated to a
        later version.
        --
        Robert Hammond
        PGP:0x154144DA