Make 3.82 gives mixed implicit and normal rules

  • Kees Bakker
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2010

      When I was trying to setup the development environment for
      my ts509 I got this error from Make. I started with a fresh
      checkout from SVN and just did:

      $ make ts509-target
      Makefile:554: *** mixed implicit and normal rules.  Stop.

      $ make --version
      GNU Make 3.82
      Built for i686-unknown-linux-gnu
      Copyright (C) 2010  Free Software Foundation, Inc.

      a discussion about it. It suggests that for make 3.82 we have to split

      Line 554 has:
      $(PACKAGES_STAGE) %-stage : directories toolchain

      Kind regards,
      Kees Bakker