NFS woes with new Linux box

  • stanley_p_miller_qaz
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2010
      I upgraded my computer to OpenSuse 11.3 and KDE 4.5 only to discover that I could no longer activate my NFS link to my slug. About tore my hair out looking for loged errors and trying to see what was going wrong and got nowhere on the problem. Just to make it worse my laptop on OpenSuse 11.2 and KDE 4.1 was happily connecting and disconnecting and the slug was happily logging these actions with no problem.

      Bottom line after a couple hours of frustration and Googling I came across a suggestion to add "vers=3" to the mount options.

      Doesn't work:
      defaults,user,rw,noatime,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,noauto

      Works fine:
      defaults,user,rw,noatime,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,noauto,vers=3

      Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed!