Re: Who created the gcc ipk for ts509

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 16, 2010
      It's not important who created the ipk.

      In terms of how to (re)build the gcc ipk, it's basically no different than other ipk's. You can look at http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Gumstix the "How to Develop" section, just replace gumstix1151 with ts509. Once you can build a simple package like "which" or "hello", just do "make gcc-ipk". All the optware package build recipes are in optware svn.

      Cheers,

      -Brian

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "keesbakker@..." <kees.bakker@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Does anyone know who actually built the gcc ipk for ts509? (( gcc_4.2.1-5_i686.ipk ))
      >
      > I also like to know how I can (re)build the gcc ipk myself. Is there a wiki or FAQ somewhere?
      >
      > -- Kees

    • Kees Bakker
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 17, 2010
        Thanks Brian,

        Well, in theory it is not important WHO created the ipk. That is, if the process
        is perfectly reproducible. And we can trust the person who did it and uploaded
        the ipk. I'm not saying that we shouldn't trust the person in charge, but it
        would be more obvious if this is an open process.

        Ah, so I'll have to look in the optware svn. Thanks for the pointer. I happen
        to know the gumstix, I have one.

        I know all too well what is needed to create a "clean" package from scratch. Most
        people don't realize how much we should be thankful to the ones who build and maintain
        the optware repositories.

        Unfortunately, the gcc package is not as "clean" as I want it to be. Have a look at
        /opt/lib/libstdc++.la and notice the /home/slug paths.

        Again thanks for the info.

        BTW. I'be got two problems with the installed gcc package.
        1. using libtool togther with libstdc++.la gives errors (it points to /home/slug/...
        instead of /opt/lib/
        2. g++ create objects with references to __sync_fetch_and_add_4 which is an indication
        that it created i386 objects instead of i486 or higher (not sure how to fix this)