Who created the gcc ipk for ts509

  • keesbakker@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 16, 2010

      Does anyone know who actually built the gcc ipk for ts509? (( gcc_4.2.1-5_i686.ipk ))

      I also like to know how I can (re)build the gcc ipk myself. Is there a wiki or FAQ somewhere?

      -- Kees
    • Brian
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 16, 2010
        It's not important who created the ipk.

        In terms of how to (re)build the gcc ipk, it's basically no different than other ipk's. You can look at http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Gumstix the "How to Develop" section, just replace gumstix1151 with ts509. Once you can build a simple package like "which" or "hello", just do "make gcc-ipk". All the optware package build recipes are in optware svn.

        Cheers,

        -Brian

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "keesbakker@..." <kees.bakker@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Does anyone know who actually built the gcc ipk for ts509? (( gcc_4.2.1-5_i686.ipk ))
        >
        > I also like to know how I can (re)build the gcc ipk myself. Is there a wiki or FAQ somewhere?
        >
        > -- Kees

      • Kees Bakker
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 17, 2010
          Thanks Brian,

          Well, in theory it is not important WHO created the ipk. That is, if the process
          is perfectly reproducible. And we can trust the person who did it and uploaded
          the ipk. I'm not saying that we shouldn't trust the person in charge, but it
          would be more obvious if this is an open process.

          Ah, so I'll have to look in the optware svn. Thanks for the pointer. I happen
          to know the gumstix, I have one.

          I know all too well what is needed to create a "clean" package from scratch. Most
          people don't realize how much we should be thankful to the ones who build and maintain
          the optware repositories.

          Unfortunately, the gcc package is not as "clean" as I want it to be. Have a look at
          /opt/lib/libstdc++.la and notice the /home/slug paths.

          Again thanks for the info.

          BTW. I'be got two problems with the installed gcc package.
          1. using libtool togther with libstdc++.la gives errors (it points to /home/slug/...
          instead of /opt/lib/
          2. g++ create objects with references to __sync_fetch_and_add_4 which is an indication
          that it created i386 objects instead of i486 or higher (not sure how to fix this)