Re: External hard drive missing

  • Nick Boyle
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2010
      As I am away from my home at the moment, have not spent as much time
      as i should researching, but going through this process looks the key?
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/SlugOS/InstallandTurnupABasicSlugOSSystem

      There should be enough info retained on the slug to just reflash and
      start again?

      Ta

      On 3 Oct 2010, at 11:30, Nick Boyle <nick@...> wrote:

      > Hi, the power supply on mine failed year or so ago, just got around to
      > replacing it. The hard drive with the external USB unslung OS is no
      > longer about. As the OS was on this disk, can I restart and replace
      > with putting SlugOS on this device? At the moment it just kind of
      > stops as I guess it has no OS available to it. Or should I copy from
      > another machine the OS source onto the external drive?
      >
      > Thabks
    • Nick Boyle
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2010
        Ignore this ... all up and running. Now to figure out what I actually
        want to do with it. Perhaps run as a backup system at other end of
        house.