External hard drive missing

  • Nick Boyle
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2010
      Hi, the power supply on mine failed year or so ago, just got around to
      replacing it. The hard drive with the external USB unslung OS is no
      longer about. As the OS was on this disk, can I restart and replace
      with putting SlugOS on this device? At the moment it just kind of
      stops as I guess it has no OS available to it. Or should I copy from
      another machine the OS source onto the external drive?

      Thabks
    • Nick Boyle
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2010
        As I am away from my home at the moment, have not spent as much time
        as i should researching, but going through this process looks the key?
        http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/SlugOS/InstallandTurnupABasicSlugOSSystem

        There should be enough info retained on the slug to just reflash and
        start again?

        Ta

        On 3 Oct 2010, at 11:30, Nick Boyle <nick@...> wrote:

        > Hi, the power supply on mine failed year or so ago, just got around to
        > replacing it. The hard drive with the external USB unslung OS is no
        > longer about. As the OS was on this disk, can I restart and replace
        > with putting SlugOS on this device? At the moment it just kind of
        > stops as I guess it has no OS available to it. Or should I copy from
        > another machine the OS source onto the external drive?
        >
        > Thabks
      • Nick Boyle
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2010
          Ignore this ... all up and running. Now to figure out what I actually
          want to do with it. Perhaps run as a backup system at other end of
          house.