Problems with Free-radius

  • Jonathan Black
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 21 KB
    I've had a number of problems with Free-radius.

    1) Make and openssl aren't listed as required. These must be installed
    before the program will work.

    2) The path to make and openssl had to be specified before
    /opt/etc/raddb/certs/bootstrap and /opt/etc/raddb/certs/Makefile
    worked properly

    3) The default config for this program is all messed up. According to
    free-radius documentation, simply adding a cleartext password to the
    "users" file will enable EAP-MSCHAPv2. After spending an hour or so
    playing with this and reading, I couldn't get it to work. I eventually
    setup free-radius on a spare Debian installation --- Copied the
    radiusd.conf from it and modified the paths and then EAP-MSCHAPv2
    started working. I've attached my working config file (Nothing is
    specific to my system). If someone could please make sure that it
    makes it in an updated version of free-radius, that would be great.

    4) The start up file is junk. It doesn't have any options and should
    have at least start, stop, and restart. The start up file doesn't even
    work out of the box ---- When it is run it complains that "no log file
    is specified". Apparently when running radiusd, the -l flag with a
    path to the log file needs to be set.