Re: nslu2 optware sendmail configuration

  • Alexander Pohl
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 19, 2010
      Hi,

      I found a solution to produce a valid configuration file test.cf from
      m4 macros. First I created the m4 macro file test.mc with my
      modifications:

      $ cat test.mc:

      include(cf/m4/cf.m4)

      OSTYPE(linux)

      define(`ALIAS_FILE',`/etc/mail/aliases')
      define(`SMART_HOST',`my.smarthost.com')

      GENERICS_DOMAIN_FILE(`/etc/mail/genericsdomain')

      FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)
      FEATURE(genericstable, `hash -o /etc/mail/genericstable')

      MAILER(local)
      MAILER(smtp)

      Then I used sed to reflect the /opt/etc and /opt/var directories:

      $ cat sed.sh:

      #!/bin/sh
      sed -e 's/\/etc/\/opt\/etc/' -e 's/\/var/\/opt\/var/' -e 's/usr/opt/'
      -e 's/\/opt\/etc\/hosts/\/etc\/hosts/' $1 > $2

      $ sed.sh test.mc test.cf

      And voila! here is the valid configuration file for the optware
      sendmail package created using m4 macros.

      Alexander

      On 19 August 2010 11:19, Alexander Pohl <a.h.pohl@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > How to I generate a custom sendmail.cf file without editing the file
      > directly? From what I understand is that the sendmail.cf file is
      > generated during the build precess by the site-config.m4 macro and the
      > patch config.patch. The sendmail package build process does not make
      > use of m4 macros. I would like to use the modifications already
      > applied in sendmail.cf, ie. custom path to config files in /opt, as a
      > starting point for my own configuration. In particular I want to add
      > from an to address rewriting and use m4 macros described at
      > http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Sendmail-Address-Rewrite.html.
      >
      > I am a total sendmail beginner and don't know how to edit sendmail.cf
      > directly. I also tried other simpler MTA's, but it looks like sendmail
      > is the best option as I don't need to run it as a daemon just to send
      > a couple of messages to a smarthost and it has all the address
      > rewriting capabilities I need for backuppc which e.g. ssmtp lacks.
      >
      > Thanks for any help.
      > Alexander

    • Alexander Pohl
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 19, 2010
        Sorry, all wrong...before using the sed.sh script the test.cf file
        needs to be created from test.mc using m4:

        $ m4 test.mc > temp.cf

        then

        $ sed.sh temp.cf test.cf

        Alexander