Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: network problems in upgrade mode

  • Matt Tancock
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 19, 2010
      Still no joy. I've tried a variety of network settings on my laptop but still nothing can see the slug when it's in upgrade mode. I don't understand why because the first time around I was able to get it upgraded fine...

      ---

      Matt Tancock

      On 19 Aug 2010, at 00:26, Brian Wood <bwood@...> wrote:

      On Wednesday 18 August 2010 13:39:06 Matt Tancock wrote:
      > I did try that, but I don't have a x-over cable so not sure if it will
      > work/what settings I should put into the network interface, or will it not
      > actually work without a xover? I've got a macbook pro....

      Youe MabBook Pro has an auto-sensing etnernet port. It will automatically
      determine if it needs to "cross over" the connections, and should thus work
      with either a straight-through or a crossover cable.

    • rolandkbs
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 19, 2010
        You could try using Sercom from a Windows machine instead of Upslug2. Make sure there's no (software-)firewall active.

        Roland

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 19, 2010
          Yeah, I did consider that. It'll be a couple of weeks before I have access to a windows box (all mac household!) but will then

          I've just (not sure why) ordered another slug so will see if I have any different joy with this one when it arrives!!

          Matt