Very slow or failing transfers

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2010
      Hi, My slug which has been sat on a shelf doing a great job for the last couple of years but recently has started giving me very slow transfer speeds.
      I am running V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.10-beta
      As my system disk was quite old and not long ago the power supply died I thought I would start by upgrading the system disk to a nice new 1TB WD Elements drive, (I did this by cloning the original drive in Acronis and increasing the size of the data partion to fill the drive) this went well and the new drive is installed and working fine apart from I still have the very slow transfer speeds.
      I have started to troubleshoot this problem following the guide on the wiki here

      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Unslung/SolvePerformanceProblems

      But I am failing at the first hurdle when using netio, this is the result I get

      NETIO - Network Throughput Benchmark, Version 1.23
      (C) 1997-2003 Kai Uwe Rommel
      connect(): Connection refused

      Any help much appreciated