debian slug frequent DHCPREQUESTs

  • Don Sharp
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2010
      Hello

      I have set up a debian slug as a firewall/router and dnsmasq server.
      After a while I am seeing frequent, every 10 seconds or so, "dhclient:
      DHCPREQUEST on eth1 ..." messages in the logs. These requests are
      directed at my ISP, so I'd like to stop them happening.

      There is no loss of internet connectivity during all this.

      Has anyone seen this problem?

      Does anyone have any helpful suggestions/fixes?

      Apart from this problem I am very pleased with my debian slug.

      Hope someone can help.

      Don Sharp