[nslu2-linux] permission problem with "screen" command and normal user

  • teetee
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28 7:51 PM
      I have been using SlugOS/BE modded nslu2 for over a year and it is a really
      great file sharing/backup/download solution.

      One thing that keeps puzzling me is that everytime after I start a screen
      terminal ("$ screen -S rsync" for example) as a normal/non-privileged user,
      none of the direction keys (up,down,left, and right) work. The error message
      from the terminal shows:
      ": stuff: permission denied (user teetee)"
      //"teetee" is my user account on nslu2

      I confirm it's a pure permission problem by running screen with root account
      and everything in the root screen terminal works fine(have direction
      navigation).

      When I searched online, nothing directly related to my problem showed.
      However I did learned that "stuff" is like a function in screen which
      controls the copy/paste function of the terminal.

      I am thinking it might have something to do with the screen terminal's
      permission under /dev but then after messing around that (changed permission
      on /dev/pts*), I could not log in through ssh and had to re-flash the
      system.

      Any ideas?