Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: USB Serial Driver needed

  • Bill V
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 28, 2010
      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Bill V <vodall@...> wrote:
      >
      > > It might be just what I need to get a nifty ham radio application
      > > running on the slug.
      >
      > Bill, Can you / will your drop a few clues as to what kind of app your working on? (tnx if you do!!).. Your QTH is a bit strange to be working with linux ... hihi. 73 Jim -- AL7RV

      There's a lot of Linux activity in this neighborhood -- even at the
      ham club meetings of one of the larger local software companies. :-)

      My 'slug' project is to get some Amateur "packet" radio applications
      running on the unslung NSLU2 rather than a big noisy PC with moving
      parts... It's similar to this WRT54/NSLU2 project (
      http://wetnet.net/node/759 ) except I'm going unslung rather then pure
      embedded. Gigabytes of space for additional applications at the
      expense of an old thumb drive is just too attractive.

      Bill