Unslung Feed Problem

  • Robert Hammond
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 20, 2010
      Unslung feeds problem and a possible fix.

      Hard coded into the current Unslung firmware are two default locations
      for Unslung Optware packages.

      http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross

      and

      http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/native

      While running the first ever ipkg update followed by ipkg upgrade, one
      of the packages updated is unslung-feeds. This update adds new package
      repositories.

      Proposal to fix the problem is in two parts.

      Firstly add to the unslung-feeds package the new locations of the
      Unslung Optware packages by adding some new .conf files, probably four
      files that point to the four new locations which are combinations of
      nslu2, cross, native, stable, unstable.

      Secondly and of vital importance, who ever has configure access to the
      svn package server, to allow the unslung-feeds package to download from
      :-

      http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross

      This part is currently broken, and I am not too sure who can fix this,
      perhaps someone from the core team could advise ??
      --
      Robert Hammond
      PGP:0x154144DA
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 20, 2010
        In message <xogfnfBrSnHMFwHd@...>, Robert Hammond
        <robham@...> writes

        Just a follow up of my own post.

        For those who need a quick fix, I think the following should work, by
        creating a new location file.

        1. log into a console as user root.
        2. Then type the following, being careful to type accurately, also if
        using cut and paste, watch out for line wrapping problems.

        echo "src/gz optware-nslu2-cross-unstable
        http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/unstable" >>
        /etc/ipkg/optware-nslu2-cross-unstable

        3. then type ipkg update followed by ipkg upgrade

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 20, 2010
          In message <3Z$tAwASAoHMFw0o@...>, Robert Hammond
          <robham@...> writes
          >In message <xogfnfBrSnHMFwHd@...>, Robert Hammond
          ><robham@...> writes
          >
          >Just a follow up of my own post.
          >
          >For those who need a quick fix, I think the following should work, by
          >creating a new location file.
          >
          >1. log into a console as user root.
          >2. Then type the following, being careful to type accurately, also if
          >using cut and paste, watch out for line wrapping problems.
          >
          >echo "src/gz optware-nslu2-cross-unstable
          >http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/unstable" >>
          >/etc/ipkg/optware-nslu2-cross-unstable
          >
          >3. then type ipkg update followed by ipkg upgrade

          Whoops, forgot to add the .conf to the file name, also sending this
          message none-mime to try and stop line wrapping.

          Here is the corrected script :-

          echo "src/gz optware-nslu2-cross-unstable
          http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/unstable" >>
          /etc/ipkg/optware-nslu2-cross-unstable.conf

          --
          Robert Hammond
          PGP:0x154144DA
          592B 0199 2D7F FC05 C4B1 0404 2258 4471 1541 44DA
        • ygator
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 23, 2010
            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Robert Hammond <robham@...> wrote:
            > echo "src/gz optware-nslu2-cross-unstable
            > http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/unstable" >>
            > /etc/ipkg/optware-nslu2-cross-unstable.conf

            Robert,

            I tried this and it did not work. It seems that any file with an .ipk extension returns 404 from ipkg.nslu2-linux.org. Other files not ending in .ipk will download.

            Any other suggestions?

            Thanks