JTAG access with a ByteBlaster MV

  • tanzer2
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2010
      This topic seems to have come up several times over the years but there never is a definitive answer. I'm trying to access the NSLU2 via JTAG as described in the wiki using a ByteBlaster MV. Using JTAG Tools 0.5.1 (Ubuntu 9.04 install), when I issue a "detect" command, the jtag tool pauses for a bit but then returns having detected nothing.

      I've also tried clocking down the JTAG chain as low as 100KHz. Nothing seems to make a difference. Poking a bit with a scope, I can watch the JTAG clock become active during the detection period.

      While I'm twiddling JTAG, the processor appears to boot and does eventually turn the ready/status light green and make its power-up "beep".

      Does anyone have any experience with this? I'd really appreciate any pointers.