Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: ipkg install php-gd doesnt work?

  • Mike Westerhof
    Message 1 of 9 , May 30, 2010
      Robert Hammond wrote:
      > I have also now done this.
      >
      > But....
      >
      > Firstly
      > I thought that running ipkg update is supposed to firstly update the
      > feed locations ??
      >
      > Secondly
      > This still leaves a 'major' problem with how to download the OE kernel
      > modules for Unslung.
      >
      > They where under /feeds/unslung/OE but this folder no longer exists in
      > the current folder tree??
      >

      > In message <htp25v+9k57@...>, jawohl911 <jawohl911@...>
      > writes
      >
      >> Thanks guys!
      >> I ended up doing the following to the /etc/ipkg/unslung-cross.conf file
      >>
      >> FROM:
      >> # cat unslung-cross.conf.bak
      >> src/gz unslung-cross http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross
      >>

      >> TO:
      >> # cat unslung-cross.conf
      >> src/gz unslung-cross
      >> http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/stable/
      >>

      >> It works fine now.
      >> Cheers!
      >>
      >> --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "M.J. Johnson" <threeeyedtoad@...> wrote:
      >>
      >>> That, apparently, was my issue. I've been looking at...
      >>>
      >>> http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/
      >>>
      >>> ...when I should have been looking at...
      >>>
      >>> http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/
      >>>
      >>> The wiki should probably get updated at some point. This page...
      >>>
      >>> http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Packages
      >>>
      >>> ...still references /unslung - which is apparently dead.
      >>>
      >>> Thanks for the pointer!

      The unslung base image is built separately from optware packages;
      apparently that build process is failing. I'll have to take a look to
      see what's going on, but that won't happen for some time (I've
      travelling right now). Until then, patience will be required. :(

      -Mike (mwester)
    • Robert Hammond
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 3, 2010
        >The unslung base image is built separately from optware packages;
        >apparently that build process is failing. I'll have to take a look to
        >see what's going on, but that won't happen for some time (I've
        >travelling right now). Until then, patience will be required. :(
        >-Mike (mwester)

        Could you also build the kernel modules for unslung 5.5, for people
        like myself who still use this version. Reason that I ask is because my
        build system refuses to build unslung 5.5 (6.8 and 6.10 build just
        fine), 5.5 errors out at the unslung-image stage with the error - 'tar:
        use --wildcards or --no-wildcards' and I have never managed to get past
        this error.

        --
        Robert Hammond
        PGP:0x154144DA