Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: ipkg install php-gd doesnt work?

  • M.J. Johnson
    Message 1 of 9 , May 28, 2010
         That, apparently, was my issue.  I've been looking at...

      http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/

         ...when I should have been looking at...

      http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/

         The wiki should probably get updated at some point.  This page...

      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Packages

         ...still references /unslung - which is apparently dead.

         Thanks for the pointer!

      On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Brian <b88zhou@...> wrote:

      Shouldn't it be unslung/cross/stable or unslung/cross/unstable ?

      -Brian

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "jawohl911" <jawohl911@...> wrote:

      > hi everyone,
      > Running unslung 6.8, I can't install php-gd.
      >
      > I get the following error. IPkg update has been run.
      >
      > # ipkg install php-gd
      > Installing php-gd (5.2.13-1) to root...
      > Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/php-gd_5.2.13-1_armeb.ipk
      > Nothing to be done
      > An error ocurred, return value: 22.
      > Collected errors:
      > ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 8: `wget --passive-ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg-PdpJ2e http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/php-gd_5.2.13-1_armeb.ipk'
      > Failed to download php-gd. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?

    • jawohl911
      Message 2 of 9 , May 28, 2010
        Thanks guys!
        I ended up doing the following to the /etc/ipkg/unslung-cross.conf file

        FROM:
        # cat unslung-cross.conf.bak
        src/gz unslung-cross http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross

        TO:
        # cat unslung-cross.conf
        src/gz unslung-cross http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/stable/

        It works fine now.
        Cheers!

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "M.J. Johnson" <threeeyedtoad@...> wrote:

        > That, apparently, was my issue. I've been looking at...
        >
        > http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/
        >
        > ...when I should have been looking at...
        >
        > http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/
        >
        > The wiki should probably get updated at some point. This page...
        >
        > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Packages
        >
        > ...still references /unslung - which is apparently dead.
        >
        > Thanks for the pointer!
        >
        > On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Brian <b88zhou@...> wrote:
        >

        > > Shouldn't it be unslung/cross/stable or unslung/cross/unstable ?
        > >
        > > -Brian
        > >

        > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com <nslu2-linux%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > > "jawohl911" <jawohl911@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > hi everyone,
        > > > Running unslung 6.8, I can't install php-gd.
        > > >
        > > > I get the following error. IPkg update has been run.
        > > >
        > > > # ipkg install php-gd
        > > > Installing php-gd (5.2.13-1) to root...
        > > > Downloading
        > > http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/php-gd_5.2.13-1_armeb.ipk
        > > > Nothing to be done
        > > > An error ocurred, return value: 22.
        > > > Collected errors:
        > > > ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 8: `wget
        > > --passive-ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg-PdpJ2e
        > > http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/php-gd_5.2.13-1_armeb.ipk'
        > > > Failed to download php-gd. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?

      • Robert Hammond
        Message 3 of 9 , May 28, 2010
          I have also now done this.

          But....

          Firstly
          I thought that running ipkg update is supposed to firstly update the
          feed locations ??

          Secondly
          This still leaves a 'major' problem with how to download the OE kernel
          modules for Unslung.

          They where under /feeds/unslung/OE but this folder no longer exists in
          the current folder tree??

          In message <htp25v+9k57@...>, jawohl911 <jawohl911@...>
          writes

          --
          Robert Hammond
          PGP:0x154144DA
          Message 4 of 9 , May 29, 2010
            Hello all...

            > Firstly
            > I thought that running ipkg update is supposed to firstly update the
            > feed locations ??
            >
            > Secondly
            > This still leaves a 'major' problem with how to download the OE kernel
            > modules for Unslung.
            >
            > They where under /feeds/unslung/OE but this folder no longer exists in
            > the current folder tree??

            I'm trying to add a USB-Serial cable to my slug and I've run into the
            exact same issue where the kernel modules have disappeared. They are
            not accessible in the old location and I can't find them in the new.

            Thanks,
            Bill
          • Mike Westerhof
            Message 5 of 9 , May 30, 2010
              Robert Hammond wrote:
              > I have also now done this.
              >
              > But....
              >
              > Firstly
              > I thought that running ipkg update is supposed to firstly update the
              > feed locations ??
              >
              > Secondly
              > This still leaves a 'major' problem with how to download the OE kernel
              > modules for Unslung.
              >
              > They where under /feeds/unslung/OE but this folder no longer exists in
              > the current folder tree??
              >

              > In message <htp25v+9k57@...>, jawohl911 <jawohl911@...>
              > writes
              >
              >> Thanks guys!
              >> I ended up doing the following to the /etc/ipkg/unslung-cross.conf file
              >>
              >> FROM:
              >> # cat unslung-cross.conf.bak
              >> src/gz unslung-cross http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross
              >>

              >> TO:
              >> # cat unslung-cross.conf
              >> src/gz unslung-cross
              >> http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/stable/
              >>

              >> It works fine now.
              >> Cheers!
              >>
              >> --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "M.J. Johnson" <threeeyedtoad@...> wrote:
              >>
              >>> That, apparently, was my issue. I've been looking at...
              >>>
              >>> http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/
              >>>
              >>> ...when I should have been looking at...
              >>>
              >>> http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/
              >>>
              >>> The wiki should probably get updated at some point. This page...
              >>>
              >>> http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Packages
              >>>
              >>> ...still references /unslung - which is apparently dead.
              >>>
              >>> Thanks for the pointer!

              The unslung base image is built separately from optware packages;
              apparently that build process is failing. I'll have to take a look to
              see what's going on, but that won't happen for some time (I've
              travelling right now). Until then, patience will be required. :(

              -Mike (mwester)
            • Robert Hammond
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 3, 2010
                >The unslung base image is built separately from optware packages;
                >apparently that build process is failing. I'll have to take a look to
                >see what's going on, but that won't happen for some time (I've
                >travelling right now). Until then, patience will be required. :(
                >-Mike (mwester)

                Could you also build the kernel modules for unslung 5.5, for people
                like myself who still use this version. Reason that I ask is because my
                build system refuses to build unslung 5.5 (6.8 and 6.10 build just
                fine), 5.5 errors out at the unslung-image stage with the error - 'tar:
                use --wildcards or --no-wildcards' and I have never managed to get past
                this error.