Multiple MPD daemons on Unslung

  • M.J. Johnson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2010
         Hello.  I've been successfully using mpd 0.15.7-1 on unslung 6.10, with audio output to a USB audio dongle.  I'd like to add an icecast server, so I can listen to the MPD stream over IP.  Ideally, I'd like to have two separate MPD daemons running to accomplish this, using the same music library.  This is described in adequate detail on the MPD ArchLinux wiki.

      http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Music_Player_Daemon#Multi-mpd_setup

         However, these instructions are not consistent with the way I've got MPD running currently, which uses the init.d procedure found on the NSLU2 wiki (under "Software installation on unslung"):

      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/SlugAsAudioPlayer

         So, can someone more familiar with *nix/Unslung share with me:  Does Unslung utilize .xinitrc start procedures?  If so, where does .xinitrc exist?  Should I be able to utilize the instructions found in the ArchLinux wiki?  Is there a better/more straightforward way to get two MPD daemons running utilizing two separate configuration files on Unslung?

         Thanks in advance.