I fear for Unslung

  • Joaquim Baptista
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 12, 2010
      Greeting,

      Recently I upgraded my NSLU2 to install a WebDAV server. Two things
      happened:

      1) Perl broke. The built-in "-s" always returns 0 instead of returning
      the size of a file. As a result, awstats broke as well.

      2) Lighttpd is broken. The server cannot reliably serve a file over
      1MB. The file gets truncated at some multiple of 512KB.

      In summary, I see all the signs of a dying platform. Please advise on
      the best course of action:

      - How can I recompile Perl and Lighttpd? What environment is needed?

      - Is any of the alternative distributions recomended over Unslung,
      namely in terms of being better maintained?

      Best regards,

      Joaquim Baptista, running cacto.no-ip.org