Re: Disk power management

  • thetoxiczonedotcom
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 23, 2004
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, DKnabe <dknabe@a...> wrote:
      > You are correct that hdparm does not work on USB external drives.
      >
      > However, if you remove the drive from the enclosure and mount it
      as an
      > IDE drive in your Linux system, you can set the hdparms for the
      drive
      > firmware. Once that's done, remount the drive in the enclosure,
      and you
      > should be set for the slug.

      Thanks for the info.

      That might be harder than I had hoped it took me two nights to
      figure out why it was just booting to grub, turn out deleting a FAT
      partition changed things enough to stop the boot process, I dread
      the think what will happen if I add another drive or two. Shame
      there is no way to do this without the screw driver.

      Thanks again for the info.