Re: Unusual trouble with loop.o

  • tmp-nslu2@tschreiner.org
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2010
      Hi Yang.

      Y. Chen schrieb:
      > I would say go get Debian installed. Unslung's kernel is too old. I
      > Installed Debian on my nslu2 since Dec'09 and have never looked back.
      > Enjoy.

      I did it - and I enjoy it. I have not looked back either yet, except
      that it feels slightly slower than Unslung, and mem usage went up a bit.
      Sill, nothing to worry about. It feels great.

      Thanks very much.

      --Thomas
    • Harsh
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2010
        Hey guys,

        Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how the performance of Lenny compares with SlugOS 5.3BE?

        I've never tried Lenny on the slug but I remember the perf difference I saw between Unslung to 5.3 was noticeably better for SlugOS 5.3 (cause of the relatively more modern kernel with a better scheduler I'm guessing). Although Lenny also uses a 2.6 kernel, since it is not optimized for the slugs form factor I assumed the hit would not be pretty and never tried it.

        -H